Camping Gaz 907 Bottles (1 Viewer)

Nov 15, 2017
Funster No
Hi, We're off to France and Spain in April in our Swift Bolero, I've been told it's a good idea to remove one of the 2 6kg Propane gas bottles we use in the UK, and replace it with a Camping Gaz 907 Butane Bottle, the reason being the 6kg Propane bottles are unobtainable in France and Spain?. We are off for about 6 weeks heading down to Murcia for hopefully a warmer climate than here right now. Does any one of you experienced Spanish Motorhomers know if these bottles can be exchanged ok. I've been told by a bottle gas company here in the Uk who sell the 907 butane bottles they can even be refilled. Is this correct and would anybody know how much the refill costs. Thanks for your help and advice, this is our first European trip so we are a bit green around the gills so any advice would be most welcome.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi, We're off to France and Spain in April in our Swift Bolero, I've been told it's a good idea to remove one of the 2 6kg Propane gas bottles we use in the UK, and replace it with a Camping Gaz 907 Butane Bottle, the reason being the 6kg Propane bottles are unobtainable in France and Spain?. We are off for about 6 weeks heading down to Murcia for hopefully a warmer climate than here right now. Does any one of you experienced Spanish Motorhomers know if these bottles can be exchanged ok. I've been told by a bottle gas company here in the Uk who sell the 907 butane bottles they can even be refilled. Is this correct and would anybody know how much the refill costs. Thanks for your help and advice, this is our first European trip so we are a bit green around the gills so any advice would be most welcome.
It's not quite right. Propane IS available but in their cylinders. Our connection (thread) is different here.. Either consider refillable or perhaps buy a French or Spanish cylinder and then you can get replacement.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Camping gas is butane and will be usless in April until you reach southern Spain. It stops gassing off at 0° but in practice not enough pressure or gas flow below 10° to run a Truma heater. Also it costs a fortune.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
I,m in Wakefield and have a spare spanish bottle if your any where near. As said Camping gas readily available but very expensive.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Camping Gaz is OK for emergencies or for cooking, but expensive for heating.

Last time I paid for a 907 refill in the UK it was £19.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Camping Gaz is OK for emergencies or for cooking, but expensive for heating.

Last time I paid for a 907 refill in the UK it was £19.

Camping Gaz refills in the UK are now £34.99 :(, and although they are cheaper in Europe, the last time I had a refill in France (from Castorama) it was 24 Euro, which is still expensive

Cheers

Trevor

xgx

Free Member
Jul 7, 2016
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
umptynine years
Yers, tiz expensive, paid 22€ for a 907 refill in France.
I use one for cooking outside and it fits neatly in the gas locker between the two 6kg Propane :)
...cheaper than getting an outside gas point fitted ;)
...and it's a a back-up in the unlikely event of running out of Propane.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
You can get various 6kg filled bottles in France, in free or cheap containerw, you may have to fill in a rental form but you may get away with using your home address. The sales assistants don't know or care as long as they've got an address filled in on the form. There is the Cube, a lightweight plastic bottle, and various others. In Spain there is the Repsol K6 and similar one from Cepsa. But you will need a suitable adapter, I carry 3 or 4

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back