Calor Lite - leakage/wastage (1 Viewer)

Steve928

Free Member
Aug 28, 2009
Funster No
We recently fitted 2 Calor Lite 6Kg. bottles.

I've noticed that even with the vales cranked shut VERY tight, you get a build up of gas between the cylinder valve and the plastic blanking plug: when you unscrew the blanking plug you hear the gas escaping.

Anyway, today I discovered that we've lost nearly 3/4 of a bottle of gas from the bottle connected to the pigtail, in 5 or 6 weeks. I'd shut the gas valve on the cylinder very tightly, in fact it took some opening..

Has anyone else seen a similar problem?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Can't say I've had this problem.

If the bottle is connected to the van via a pigtail there must be a leak somewhere other than the bottle tap for the gas to escape. I would think that you need to have the gas system checked throughout the van.

Are you sure that the gas has escaped? If you are relying on the gauge on the bottle I have had a bottle where this was stuck and did not read the amount of gas in the bottle correctly.

Lunarman

metz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Funster No
Hi Steve, Yes it do's happen, you need to get your supplier to conduct a le-by check on the cylinder, if the valve is found to be leaking it should be tagged and replaced.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Steve928

Free Member
Aug 28, 2009
Funster No
Thanks to both.

I was weighing the bottle, not relying on the gauge. I think it's just a case of not shutting the valve tightly enough - I've tested it has to bar tight. Then the regulator end of the pigtail seemed a bit loose so some was perhaps lost there once out of the cylinder.

Anyway, filled back up now, and I'll keep a better eye on it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back