Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good evening all Funsters

I am looking for any Benimar owners who may be able to help with an issue or two I have at the moment.

I have a 2015 286 model and this weekend the grab handle on the inside of the van, attached to the cooker housing carcass has come lose, but I can't see any way of tightening it up, it looks like a bolt that screws into the back of the handle, I hope the oven doesn't have to come out.

Also the top half of my door fly screen is also lose and again I can't see any way of fixing it back.

In my old swift it was just a case of re-hooking it onto the screw fixings, but can't see any on this van.

Before I contact Marquis on Tuesday and any one shed any light, and I'll have a look at fixing them tomorrow.

Tezza

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Tezza Not sure about the handle , I wouldn't be surprised if its bolted from the inside. ..with the fly screen mine used to pop off a clip..see if you can prise it up and back on...after several times it still popped off so Marquis put a small white screw through the top corner and it stopped the issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Update, all fixed, not on face book but thanks anyway, fly screen, there is a plastic clip about 2” long near the top left corner of the frame, quick fiddle and tap and it’s back on.
Re the handle, at the back of the handle where your fingers go there is a 3mm Allen key screw, undo this, the front chrome section comes away revealing the two screws holding the handle to the oven housing unit wall, quick tighten and an addition of a star washer and also all fixed.
It’s been a good day.

peter wood

Free Member
Jan 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
benimar 287
Hi just having bought a new benimar 286 and with COVID there wasn’t a proper handover all I had was videos but I do understand. My question is to have heat on do you need to fill tank with water or is it electrical operated thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Hi just having bought a new benimar 286 and with COVID there wasn’t a proper handover all I had was videos but I do understand. My question is to have heat on do you need to fill tank with water or is it electrical operated thanks

What make is the boiler/heater?
Did you not get a Benimar manual?

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
benimar use truma boilers just like everyone else

The hot water tank fills from the clean water tank automatically. You don't need water in it to heat with electricity but obviously you do to get hot water.

For some reason the heating seems to always work better when there is hot water. Someone clever on here will explain why

Also note the heating on electricity is only about 1kw whereas its nearer 3kw with gas. That's why it gets warmer quick with gas. If you select the 'mix' option on the controller it will use gas to boost the heating then revert to leccy one up to temperature.

Happy motorhoming in the beni

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back