Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
My C1 expires in a couple of months.
Now being 73 will i have to have the medical again as i did a bit less than 3 years ago to retain the C1?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yes.
You have to have the Medical every three years as well as an eyesight test. (Sometimes the Dr. doing the medical does the eyesight )

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I just re did my C1. Same age as you exactly. I used D4 drivers. £55 all in. Our local meeting place was Colchester.
They do medical and eye test, so all done at the same time, 30 minutes tops. Took about 3 weeks to come back. My wife did hers as well, very efficient indeed.
Phil
I used D4 1st time. Dr did the eye test as part of the fee. No issues and got the C1 quickly.
Now it's confirmed i need i will go the same route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I used D4 1st time. Dr did the eye test as part of the fee. No issues and got the C1 quickly.
Now it's confirmed i need i will go the same route.
£55 all including eye test, medical, and filling in the relevant part of the form. Make sure you Take the C1 form with you, available from the post office.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Ta. The D4 fee of £55 includes the eye test anyway............or a least it did last time.
The problem comes when the Dr. who examines you for the C1 doesn't do the eyesight
test and asks you for the eyesight test done at the Opticians.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

With the ability of DVLA to delay and procrastinate in the dealing of applications for a
C1 licence, the last thing that one needs is for the Dr, dealing with the application to
make another booking.,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The problem comes when the Dr. who examines you for the C1 doesn't do the eyesight

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

With the ability of DVLA to delay and procrastinate in the dealing of applications for a
C1 licence, the last thing that one needs is for the Dr, dealing with the application to
make another booking.,
I will try to establish the eye test will be done at the doc's appointment as it was last time.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The DVLA eyesight test requirement is much less stringent than an optician's thorough test. In my D4Drivers eyesight test he informed me that actually my eyesight met the requirements, and in fact I didn't need glasses as far as the DVLA were concerned. I could in theory have asked for the eyesight correction bit on my licence to be removed. However I didn't, as I always wear glasses when driving to appreciate the scenery better.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The DVLA eyesight test requirement is much less stringent than an optician's thorough test. In my D4Drivers eyesight test he informed me that actually my eyesight met the requirements, and in fact I didn't need glasses as far as the DVLA were concerned. I could in theory have asked for the eyesight correction bit on my licence to be removed. However I didn't, as I always wear glasses when driving to appreciate the scenery better.
Therein lies the paradox.

My Dr. asked for the prescription from the opticians.
Whilst I totally accept what you have said, my comment still stands. You weren't asked
for an opticians Form. I was.

As Clint said, "Well. Do you feel lucky"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back