Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Our first was a low profile, then we had a Hymer A class, then PVC now we have just ordered a new low profile.
I honestly cannot say which one we preferred. But we have felt that if we do not get on with the new low profile we will go back to the PVC because of it’s versatility when touring.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Looks great Andrew. I keep telling myself I need to hire and confirm what I want before I buy, but will keep your add in mind. We want to hire and go away in October. Planning to start going further afield in a couple of years when all the children have left the coop.

At least you can use my van spec as a benchmark for proper off-grid camping. We needed to move to a PVC to help navigate the out of the way places that our previous white tupperware containers couldn't access.

That said, and as Lenny HB pointed out in the Teeny weeny payload thread last year; there are a huge number of PVCs that run overweight. You just have to see them in Scotland with their bottoms almost scraping the ground so, be mindful of what type of payload you need. We're quite happy with well over a tonne.

All the best,

Andrew

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
before retirement we would only be home on school nights through term time and away all holiday time. Rather than a hobby, it is a lifestyle choice, with the attitude it is not a holiday, we live in the van part time, but visit other places.

Since retiring, and covid excluded we would be away 5 months of the year. Either planned for a few weeks up to a month away or spur of the moment, "that meet looks nice, let's go" type of decisions. We attend rallies with this club and also various meets with the camping and caravanning club, both DA meets and THS's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
Always buy one or two years old that way previous owner(s) should have sorted all problems There are always issues with new vans

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Always buy one or two years old that way previous owner(s) should have sorted all problems There are always issues with new vans
They have also taken the largest financial hit of depreciation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back