Burstner Ixeo 680G. Leaking shower tap (1 Viewer)

Rishell

Free Member
Jul 21, 2021
Redlynch, Salisbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 680 g
Exp
Since 2013
Hi everyone,
Just joined the forum and hope someone can help.
My motorhome is just over 3 years old with little use and so the problem is disappointing,
The shower layout is the same as Maz showed in May 2019.
When I turn the shower mixer on, water comes out behind the rear enclosure wall and comes out at floor level in the adjoining garage and seen via the low level access panel there.
I am reluctant to remove the plastic rear wall for obvious reasons and am contemplating forming an access panel in the corner of the wall between the garage and shower enclosure, using s cavity camera to show layout of pipes and cables before cutting.
Has anyone removed the wall panelling and viewed the pipework etc. to advise if my thought is ok. Any pipes should rise from floor level but electric cables may drop down from the ceiling. I am contemplating cutting the access panel just above the tap to start with and maybe extending down to for better access.
I will write to Burstner to suggest they provide such an access panel in future- no help to me at present but this is fundamental for diy maintenance
Regards
Richard

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My T660 Burstner shower tap failed and I had to remove the shower screen and plastic wall board.
Once you have removed all the screws you can see -- the wall is simply held by double sided tape.
Its messy but not so hard.
I bought a replacement from our local caravan shop for about £50 -- it must have a micro switch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We had a leak in our Burstner 680, managed to remove an access panel in the garage, but couln't get to see the source of the leak. As it was a new van we got the dealer to look. Turned out to be push fit pipes that had not been properly pushed together. If it is new to you, perhaps the previous owner didn't use the shower? Our shower hose had been cross threaded at build as well and was so damaged it had to be replaced

OP
OP
R

Rishell

Free Member
Jul 21, 2021
Redlynch, Salisbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 680 g
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, thanks very much for your reply. Our problem sounds exactly the same. The m/h was new to us but only 3 months old and the shower not used much but its now out of warranty. We have bought an endoscope camera to try to see the problem before attacking repairs. We thought of cutting a high level access panel from within the garage but may take off the front panel within the shower enclosure. Fingers crossed. Regards Richard

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The m/h was new to us but only 3 months old and the shower not used much but its now out of warranty.
I don't know how experienced you are with a motorhome, but in contrast to house plumbing, motorhome plumbing is very susceptible to frost damage. Usually they are drained down for a winter layup, but if not done properly some water can remain, and cause damage if it freezes. You may be lucky in that sometimes all that happens is the plastic pipe joints are pushed apart, and can be refitted easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back