Brittany Ferries Refunds. I got one! (1 Viewer)

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Just received this email. It pays to demand a refund politely!
John

Good morning Mr Barrett
Thank you for email.
I’m sorry it’s taken a while to get back to you. Recent events have impacted our usual service levels significantly and I’m sorry if this created further frustration for you.
I’m writing to confirm that your booking has been cancelled and a refund of 330 GBP has been issued to card ending XXX.
In most cases this should show on your card within 5 working days but this may take longer depending on your card issuer.
I’m sorry your sailing was cancelled and hope that in the future, in calmer times, we may be able to welcome you back on board for another holiday or sailing with Brittany Ferries.
Kind regards

XXXXX

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Just received this email. It pays to demand a refund politely!
John

Good morning Mr Barrett
Thank you for email.
I’m sorry it’s taken a while to get back to you. Recent events have impacted our usual service levels significantly and I’m sorry if this created further frustration for you.
I’m writing to confirm that your booking has been cancelled and a refund of 330 GBP has been issued to card ending XXX.
In most cases this should show on your card within 5 working days but this may take longer depending on your card issuer.
I’m sorry your sailing was cancelled and hope that in the future, in calmer times, we may be able to welcome you back on board for another holiday or sailing with Brittany Ferries.
Kind regards

XXXXX
Lucky you!
What email address did you end up using?

KMarkN

Free Member
Jul 29, 2020
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 RedlineSport
Exp
Moved from PVC to campervan
Hi John, Just posting to say that prompted by your post I emailed Britanny Ferries stating that I wished to have a refund rather than using my credit note issued in April. They replied today saying the money would be sent over and my credit note cancelled!
So thanks a lot! I booked that holiday before getting a motorhome so I didn't want to go on it now anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Hi John, Just posting to say that prompted by your post I emailed Britanny Ferries stating that I wished to have a refund rather than using my credit note issued in April. They replied today saying the money would be sent over and my credit note cancelled!
So thanks a lot! I booked that holiday before getting a motorhome so I didn't want to go on it now anyway.

Please could you let me know which email address you used for Brittany Ferries as all my requests are being ignored.
Thanks

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Brilliant thanks.
That email is a new one on me.

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Brilliant thanks.
That email is a new one on me.
Sorry I missed your post. This was my message,

To: GeneralQuery@brittanyferries.com
Subject: RE: BRETAGNE CANCELLATIONS Portsmouth-St Malo 20/09/2020 : 20:15 DY59632

Gareth Bewley
Customer Services Manager
Dear Sir.
This was our planned and preferred route, and following your cancellation of same, we now request and require a full refund to be made at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully.

John Barrett

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Sorry I missed your post. This was my message,

To: GeneralQuery@brittanyferries.com
Subject: RE: BRETAGNE CANCELLATIONS Portsmouth-St Malo 20/09/2020 : 20:15 DY59632

Gareth Bewley
Customer Services Manager
Dear Sir.
This was our planned and preferred route, and following your cancellation of same, we now request and require a full refund to be made at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully.

John Barrett

Thanks!
I've sent one to the "Holiday "address. At least I've had an automated reply.
I will keep yours in reserve for now.

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks!
I've sent one to the "Holiday "address. At least I've had an automated reply.
I will keep yours in reserve for now.
Here's the one my refund came from. They do this just to confuse the punters!

<refund@brittanyferries.com>

KMarkN

Free Member
Jul 29, 2020
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 RedlineSport
Exp
Moved from PVC to campervan
Hi, the email confirming they would provide a refund stated how long it would take. Just a few days as I recall - it arrived within the tine they said.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back