Brittany Ferries Pont Aven Sailings August no Portsmouth Sailings (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
A heads up anyone booked on the Pont Aven ferry from Portsmouth to Santander in August, I have just been informed by Brittany Ferries sailings from Portsmouth have been changed to Plymouth for the foreseeable future. Stress this only applies to Pont Aven bookings bit of a pain for us as we need to change our campsite booking for the night prior to sailing.
Brittany ferries will be notifying everyone with a booking in the near future on a date priority.

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
A heads up anyone booked on the Pont Aven ferry from Portsmouth to Santander in August, I have just been informed by Brittany Ferries sailings from Portsmouth have been changed to Plymouth for the foreseeable future. Stress this only applies to Pont Aven bookings bit of a pain for us as we need to change our campsite booking for the night prior to sailing.
Britannia ferries will be notifying everyone with a booking in the near future on a date priority.
We are booked from Plymouth late August, so I guess it will be full with Portsmouth refugees, I wont be able to get to the bar. Oh forgot gave up in January.

Reactions: DBK
May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I think you will find that it will make no difference to those who are already booked to go from Plymouth as it is simply a case of the Portsmouth sailing will now leave from Plymouth. It is a shorter route and less stress for the PA's remaing three engines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Anyone needing a campsite in Plymouth then Riverside is very handy and they have what they call ferry pitches near the reception, these are long enough to keep anything you are towing attached overnight.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think you will find that it will make no difference to those who are already booked to go from Plymouth as it is simply a case of the Portsmouth sailing will now leave from Plymouth. It is a shorter route and less stress for the PA's remaing three engines.
Doh!

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
It’s more of a nuisance for us, it’s a greater distance and had to cancel a non refundable campsite booking deposit. An apology from Brittany ferries would have been nice as would a small dollop of cash to cover extra expenses.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Wont be a problem for us :confused::mad: tried to book for sometime,going out between mid/late August and early September. no availability at all, tried for my car and it would ave been same price as the Mizar, had they been able to take the van. so looks like it will be landing in France and long drive to Northern Spain, Portugal, need to book trip back from Santander or Bilbao as we have a wedding to attend near Chichester.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back