Brexit Deal and Passport process (1 Viewer)

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
Apologies in advance for the "BREXIT' question. But I want to take Buster to spain in June for two weeks. We have been taking him for years with no problems - but obviously Brexit will change the Passport process (or will it?)

I am trying to get my head around the 'if'. If the two parties can get a deal and we leave by the end of May - does anyone have a sense of what the Dog passporting process might be with the current deal proposed by Theresa May.

If it is no deal then I know the short initial process is default to pre-membership processes until a new arrangement is agreed. But I am unsure what is in the current proposal that keeps being bounced by parliament?

ta from me and Buster

HarryML

Free Member
Apr 15, 2018
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Miller Indiana
Exp
I prepared for a no deal, dog already had a passport. He required a blood test to check rabies vaccination was still effective and then a 3 month wait before having a health check to confirm he was fit to travel. The vet held the Defra form but couldn’t issue it until a no deal was announced. We left the UK 3 days after the delay was announced travelling under the current rules, on the assumption that the next exit date is 31 Oct I would assume that you could travel under the current rules. No doubt there will be more confusion as we approach 31 July.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Good advice from post above, do it a s a p, realistically cant see any change on the Horizon though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Apologies in advance for the "BREXIT' question. But I want to take Buster to spain in June for two weeks. We have been taking him for years with no problems - but obviously Brexit will change the Passport process (or will it?)

I am trying to get my head around the 'if'. If the two parties can get a deal and we leave by the end of May - does anyone have a sense of what the Dog passporting process might be with the current deal proposed by Theresa May.

If it is no deal then I know the short initial process is default to pre-membership processes until a new arrangement is agreed. But I am unsure what is in the current proposal that keeps being bounced by parliament?

ta from me and Buster
There have been more than a few threads on this. If you want to take the dog in June then you don't have time to prepare for the "no deal" option. We went down this route as did a few others on here but it looks like wasted money now. :)

I would just plan on the existing system with a pet passport because if it all turns belly up you won't be taking the dog and there is now nothing you can do about it because of insufficient time.

Orchid288

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi just reading this thread as we are off on our travels to France in July. We decided to prepare for no deal and have certificate for the blood test so would have hopefully been covered.

As it’s now end of October I believe, so we have a reprieve until then, can someone confirm what the concerns are on a previous comment about 31st July as I want to make sure I have not overlooked anything

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back