BREATHALYSER (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
don't need one anyway (if you mean for France) legally you are supposed to have one but there is no penalty for not having one so no-one bothers. The AA etc will say you do so they can flog you one at an inflated price! ( by the way nice doodle)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
The law regarding breathalyser's has been filed under rubbish, was a fiddle worked by the Minister at the time responsible for road safety to help his brother-in-law who owned a factory producing them. :mask:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hey whilst on this subject two of our neighbours have been breathalysed recently in France and one of them twice in a couple of weeks. Both thankfully were ok and it may be just our area of the Haute Vienne that is or was having a purge but please do not take the chance whilst over here.

OP
OP
tinkerbell
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Yea, I’d rather not take the risk really, dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hey whilst on this subject two of our neighbours have been breathalysed recently in France and one of them twice in a couple of weeks. Both thankfully were ok and it may be just our area of the Haute Vienne that is or was having a purge but please do not take the chance whilst over here.
I take it you meant the police used the police breathalyser rather than asked the motorist if they had one (just thinking of the original question)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Will probably end up buying new one, just in case !!!
If you do they were a lot cheaper in France than the AA but I think they don't stock them much anymore as no-one buys them.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Apparently the law never got passed so not illegal if you don't have one....

I think....(n)

It got passed, the French people collectively told their government to piss off so the law remains on the books but with no penalty for breaking it. (y)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I take it you meant the police used the police breathalyser rather than asked the motorist if they had one (just thinking of the original question)

Yes they used the police tester there seems to be no need at all to carry one here, just another example of world wide silly politicians.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Hijack alert!
I'm with you on the lack of need to carry a breathalyser but what about a first aid kit where the plasters are out of date? Can I get away with that or should I fork out for a new kit?

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
If anyone actually wants their own breathalyzer he/she can buy one for a couple of euros in any supermarket ... but other than for one's own amusement there's absolutely no point.
If you need to self-test to ascertain whether you're near/over the limit you're already sailing close to the wind, not worth the risk, especially as the limit in France is lower than in UK. On average, more than one decent glass of wine takes you close to the limit.
There is NO requirement to carry breathalyzers in France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back