Breakdown with comfort (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I understand if you take out breakdown cover in U.K. with comfort they use the AA with no membership number I take it policy number is good enough , has any funster unfortunately had to use the service ? Was it straight forward ?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
They give you a specific number to call when you take out the cover

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
New to motorhoming
We had a problem with our sliding door not shutting, rang the number that was on the Comfort paperwork and all they wanted was my name and address details not even a policy number. Came out within a couple of hours and fixed the stuck locking mechanism.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I understand if you take out breakdown cover in U.K. with comfort they use the AA with no membership number I take it policy number is good enough , has any funster unfortunately had to use the service ? Was it straight forward ?
Yes. Twice in the last year…… :mad:

First time, ABS failure and intermittent limp mode - no issues at all and limped to the Truck and van place for a fix after they had sent a technician

Second time, different ABS module right on the junction M6 and A14 and total limp mode. Managed to get to a lay-by on the A14 without being T boned by a truck and their number out me through to what appeared to be a consolidated service. Quoted my reference and they could not find it. They checked back with AA and they had no trace. I had to agree the recovery cost if the company could not claim it back and they sent Crouch recovery straight away. The first was too small but the driver was great and saw it was a problem before going any further. Second truck ok but broke down itself. Bad luck really.

The good thing was that they did not argue the toss about sending a technician but agreed straight away to send a wrecker.

Third ABS failure a couple of weeks ago was another different sensor!!

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Just doing research on Comfort breakdown.
had an awful experience with AA when ADAC members - AA UKpartner- a few years ago
I swore I’d never go near them again

echoes Duxdeluxe above ….

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Our Hymer decided to lose its brake fluid on the way back from Stratford upon Avon show, rang AA through Comfort and guy said we don't touch anything over 3 tonne but would arrange for a contract breakdown recovery agent to collect us, this was just before midday.
Received a text message saying our driver would be with us by 4.45 pm !
I rang the AA and suggested that it wasn't good enough for an elderly couple to sit for five hours in thirty degrees.
They sent a van about an hour later and the technician repeated we don't touch anything over three tonnes but spoke to his head office and he agreed to have a look at it.
Within half an hour he removed a defective brake pipe and took it to Worcester to get one made
up , he returned about an hour later and fitted new pipe and bled the system.
All done within about four hours.
Very pleased with there efforts.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
We were left 24 hours
ADaC really good but couldn’t get AA to respond to big van
Or let us fund our own tow
ADAC routed the call to AA Europe office in Lyon
Useless and rude

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I insured through Comfort on their AVIVA policy, not their LV one. Always double checked when the breakdown provider changed that my 4005kg van was adequately covered without hiccup, no idea what this ‘don’t touch over 3000kg’ is. Never had to use them so cannot comment on that side if it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back