Bonterra Park ACSi Restrictions (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
A heads up, long discussion on another forum from 1st January till 1st April Bonterra Park, Benicassim are not accepting ACSi and a price hike to 26 euro per night ehu extra, wow it’s a prime site with good facilities and short walking access to shops and beach but that is expensive.

Last edited:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Camping Tauro ,smaller,needing more skills to get on a pitch accepting CCC cards and acsi as far as I know ,could be an alternative ?
And certainly cheaper .

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Camping Tauro ,smaller,needing more skills to get on a pitch accepting CCC cards and acsi as far as I know ,could be an alternative ?
And certainly cheaper .
Camping Azahar a kilometre further along the road is nearer the seafront and a damn site cheaper and popular with long stayers plus when we were there 2 years ago decent ehu in with the price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Can't comment on Camping Azahar ,wasn't that interested about being near the beach .got legs and a bike .
And buses take you anywhere for €1.50
Can recommend casa vincente for a menu de dia
And at €12.80 Inc ehu it was the cheaper option when there a month or two back .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Camping Azahar a kilometre further along the road is nearer the seafront and a damn site cheaper and popular with long stayers plus when we were there 2 years ago decent ehu in with the price.
Stayed there in March, quite a challenge getting on & off most of the pitches. Although out of main season they give you a double pitch the are so narrow it's not much use.
Although Benicassim is quite plesent out of the summer season the place is dead impossible to get a meal in the evening unless you are happy with Burger King. We only went there to meet up with friends, I think I'll give it a miss in future.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
FA7EE93C-3078-4CE1-8162-58D0230B5387.jpeg
The ACSI book says 1/3-16/4. Has anyone told ACSI ?
No idea Brian, the discusion is on the Motorhome Adventures fb site as per my screenshot

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
As we generally stop for about a week at Bonterra Park each June, I wrote to them for clarification.
I received this today.

"Thank you for your interest in our camping.

We accept ACSI from 1 March to 16 April, 5 May to 14 June and 11 September to 31 December.

Should you have any other doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us."

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Stayed there in March, quite a challenge getting on & off most of the pitches. Although out of main season they give you a double pitch the are so narrow it's not much use.
Although Benicassim is quite plesent out of the summer season the place is dead impossible to get a meal in the evening unless you are happy with Burger King. We only went there to meet up with friends, I think I'll give it a miss in future.
Have eaten out many times out of season, and Burger King certainly didn't feature always several places open each night but not always every night. Price hike not good though, Azahae trees made it imposssible to get our van on a reasonable pitch, and Tauro is 5K from benicassim old town.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well they know now.

We've been twice, nice site but always found the Reception terse.

The reply, so who it telling porkies ??

==================================================

The campsite Bonterra Park accepts the CampingCard from the 1st of March till the 16 of April, 5th of May till the 14th of June and from the 10th of September till the 31st of December. This period has been chosen by the campsite itself.

We hope we have informed you sufficiently.

With kind regards,

Sophie de Beijer
Customer Contact Center

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just because I'm bored, my reply to ACSI........

I know what it says in your book, what I am saying is that someone says they are not honouring the agreement. To be honest I do not know if this is true but I thought you should know about it.

===============================

A heads up, long discussion on another forum from 1st January till 1st April Bonterra Park, Benicassim are not accepting ACSi and a price hike to 26 euro per night ehu extra, wow it’s a prime site with good facilities and short walking access to shops and beach but that is expensive.

===============================

An interesting question is, if we turn up on the 1st March and they charge us €26 plus electricity will you refund any cost over €20 ?

Brian.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
@hilldweller
Did you see my message #9 above.
I gave the exact reply I got from Bonterra Park reception within hours of asking them.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We are on Bonterra at the moment. The pitch next to us became vacant and was occupied this morning by a Brit MH who hadn't booked. They had turned up at reception and were given what they asked for, a pitch for two nights. They pitched up and the driver came to the EHU bollard which is on the edge of our pitch to connect. I explained that the site guy would be here in a minute to connect him.( for those that don't know, the EHU is in a locked cabinet with a window that allows you to monitor your usage)

The new arrival asked why that was so and I explained that we were on a long term rate and had to pay for the electric used. I asked him if he was on the ACSI rate as that included 4 units of EHU per day. His reply was that reception had said that ACSI was not applicable until 1 March. And the nightly rate ( for the two nights they wanted) was €26.50 per night.
The Electric man came to connect the EHU, checked the polarity was correct and was about to leave without giving the meter reading to the new arrival. I asked why this was and he replied that the night rate they had paid included EHU.
So in summary it would appear that the OP is fairly close to the mark!
I hope this clears things up a little, rather than muddy the water.

Barry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
@hilldweller
Did you see my message #9 above..

I'm sorry, no, I've not looked at this thread for a while.

It seems I'm going soft. Never take second hand information as valid on here, or anywhere else. As they say on TV news most nights "we have learned lessons from this and it will not happen again".

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I spoke to a couple of Brits at Lidl this morning, who were staying at Bonterra Park, and mentioned the proposed increase in fees, and site management not accepting ACSI from Jan to April. They informed me that the rumour was rife, however, their friends had just booked to arrive on a pitch for the next two weeks, priced at €21pupn, which I assume is the 2019 ACSI upper rate of €20, plus 2 x tourist tax @ €0.50c.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Last post from me on this, no doubt the standard stock reply from ACSI:

Many thanks for your email.

This is excluded in the CampingCard ACSI rate: Tourist tax, environmental surcharge, ecotax, refuse disposal or any other requirements made by the local authority.

In the price of 20 € is included a pitch for two adults with electricity and with an animal.

If the campsite asks for a fee for this, please contact us. We will contact the campsite for further information.

We do not refund, but we will try to solve this problem with the campsite.

We hope we have informed you sufficiently.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
We are Javea , Arenal , a new arrival from Bennacasim said he had paid e26 per night. I am on a double pitch with ehu inc for 16.5 ! Wots not to like ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I think sites can decide for them selves when to accept ACSI which is to boost their capacity at slack times..Bonterra is full jan feb and march so they are naturally dipping their bread..I CAN SEE MORE SITES DOING this if winter camping carries on getting more popular,,Cannot blame them,,BUSBY.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Cannot blame them,,BUSBY.

Supply and demand, they'd not be a sound business if they did otherwise.

The point of thread was that they were not sticking to their ASCI agreement, but so far there is no evidence that they are not playing by the rules. No-one will know until 1st March.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Unless things have changed, Bonterra Park will charge you "The Best Rate" dependant upon how many nights you are at the site.
That means that if you were staying for more than a few nights, the discounted nightly, (or daily if you prefer) rate they would charge you would be applicable.

We have been there on an ACSI rate which has been superceded by their discounted rate and a lesser payment has come into force.

I can understand them not using ACSI in Jan. and Feb. They're f'lupp and can make more money.

Deleted User
So winter will now become the new high season

Jan/Feb in Iberia has been for a few years on many sites, I have wondered when someone would break from discounted rates in this period, time will tell if they are as busy and if others follow suit.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Jan/Feb in Iberia has been for a few years on many sites, I have wondered when someone would break from discounted rates in this period, time will tell if they are as busy and if others follow suit.

I've just looked on their site and it says they have no vacancies for a weeks stay in Feb.
It did say there was a 24%discount however.
If one applies the 24% to the €26 nightly rate, that comes out at €19.76 and there is no limit on the electricity usually applied on the ACSI rate.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I've just looked on their site and it says they have no vacancies for a weeks stay in Feb.
If my site was full i could offer 60% discount,,BUSBY:LOL::LOL:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
If my site was full i could offer 60% discount,,BUSBY:LOL::LOL:

Whilst I agree with your comments, Bonterra give 24% for dates when they aren't full.

Deleted User
If one applies the 24% to the €26 nightly rate, that comes out at €19.76 and there is no limit on the electricity usually applied on the ACSI rate.

I think the ACSI rates are mostly beneficial for one or two night stays and if a site can more or less fill with long stayers there is no incentive to reduce rates for the occasional short stay, sound business sense really.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back