sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I am in the middle of some wiring and went to switch off the 12vdc to connect to the bus under the dash. Went to the above latch and turned it and the button clicked up. Went back to the bus and just put the meter on to check that there was no 12v but there was. Messed about with the latch and although there is some pressure to push the button down its not like I remember. So I am wondering if the latch has failed. There is connectivity across the 2 bolts at the bottom which ever way the switch is. Does it need a knock or is it buggered?
20201119_123011.jpg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I am in the middle of some wiring and went to switch off the 12vdc to connect to the bus under the dash. Went to the above latch and turned it and the button clicked up. Went back to the bus and just put the meter on to check that there was no 12v but there was. Messed about with the latch and although there is some pressure to push the button down its not like I remember. So I am wondering if the latch has failed. There is connectivity across the 2 bolts at the bottom which ever way the switch is. Does it need a knock or is it buggered?
View attachment 441863
Is the solar still connected? Ive got a switch thats similar but not worked out what it actually does other than turn the inverter off.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes it is, however I am in the hutch so zero charging, but the point being that the Blue Seas is not disengaging when I manually turn it off so everything has 12vdc which it should not. Just starting to disassemble my Solar as the new MPPT arrived today by the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Michael

The solar will be/is connected to the battery side of the switch so will stay live even if the switch works OK(y)

Give it a rattle with a screwdriver it can't hurt.

Martin

Sorry might have misunderstood you solar comments buy anyway ;)

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Michael

The solar will be/is connected to the battery side of the switch so will stay live even if the switch works OK(y)

Give it a rattle with a screwdriver it can't hurt.

Martin

Sorry might have misunderstood you solar comments buy anyway ;)
I got my rubber hammer out but did not do anything. I am not sure how the magnetic switch works inside and I wonder if its sort of fused? The last time it would have been operated was likely at the factory in June. Anyway banged an email off now. Just was hoping that there was some known issue and resolution.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

I am thinking that when you hold in the button it makes a circuit which then hold the contact in by a solenoid flicking the switch "should" then disable the circuit and the contacts drop out, the button pops up because the solenoid has lost power, but your button is up but the contacts are still made.

Yet again you are going be the expert ;)

EDIT to update that further reading reveals that the switch is Bi-Stable and is held by permanent magnet in either make or break state, the solenoid operation is only for a battery protect cut off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have not identified the resolution, however Morelo are sending a replacement out today, without any delay or quibble which is indicative of a great service or a known fault or both. But definitely the former in my view at least!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have not identified the resolution, however Morelo are sending a replacement out today, without any delay or quibble which is indicative of a great service or a known fault or both. But definitely the former in my view at least!
Great result Michael (y) whatever the reason, are you going to take the old one apart or does it have to go back?

Martin

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
No it has to go back, so I suspect if it arrived in a tampered state I would lose credibility in future for unequivocal despatch of parts and or an invoice. If it is easy to inspect I will and serve up some pictures, but I doubt it. Hopefully it will be here Monday and I can continue with my Solar wiring as I will have to gain access to panels so best do it once only!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back