Bloody dogs (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Came away for a bit of peace and quiet☹️What have we got?surrounded by yapping and barking dogs ☹️On caravan club site with neighbour with two dogs,one opposite with one dog and neighbour to left with small dog that barks every time some one goes past! That sets the others off.Can’t move pitch as site full.It’s so inconsiderate.One opposite shouts at her dog every time it barks!Not sure which is the worse☹️Her or the dog!Are there any “no dogs” sites!,

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Came away for a bit of peace and quiet☹️What have we got?surrounded by yapping and barking dogs ☹️On caravan club site with neighbour with two dogs,one opposite with one dog and neighbour to left with small dog that barks every time some one goes past! That sets the others off.Can’t move pitch as site full.It’s so inconsiderate.One opposite shouts at her dog every time it barks!Not sure which is the worse☹️Her or the dog!Are there any “no dogs” sites!,
I would ban dogs across the board , just dont see the point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
This is one of the reasons why we tend not to go to cmhc sites, especially when busy.
There are dog free sites, but you need to search for them. Also been to privates sites with quite strict rules about dogs that are enforced.
Also find less problems on cls

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
No, not ban dogs, ban inconsiderate owners.

You could get annoyed about loads of stuff, loud parties on site, slamming doors, arriving late, running the engine few minutes before driving off, Smokey barbecues, kids running round all over and don’t even mention generators.

So ban dogs but ban panel vans side door whoosh bangers, there you’re banned chaser, you’re in there somewhere.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No, not ban dogs, ban inconsiderate owners.

You could get annoyed about loads of stuff, loud parties on site, slamming doors, arriving late, running the engine few minutes before driving off, Smokey barbecues, kids running round all over and don’t even mention generators.

So ban dogs but ban panel vans side door whoosh bangers, there you’re banned chaser, you’re in there somewhere.
Fine by me mate I wouldn't want to be on any site with any of them (y) ;)

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We have just returned from a shorter than anticipated stay on the Wirral CMC site ( wife tested positive for Covid on Weds morning so left site that morning .) and last year i was driven mad by yapping dogs ,wife warned me to prepare for more yapperage and to chill and guess what ? ………………. Not a bark or yap for the whole of the three days we were there , go figure !
I do feel your pain tho .

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
What the hell is your problem with Panel Vans? I can't stand Hymers but I don't go on about it
I haven’t a problem with panel vans or anything, it was a sarcastic tongue in cheek post evidencing that there are folk who can complain about anything and everything.

I love panel vans and all motorhomes, I like kids, barbecues, parties and don’t mind a generator.

I see people dying all the time through my work, some things in life are more important than others.

BTW, I love Hymers too.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You’ve been on some sites though what about Blue Dolphin Filey, they allow kids, panel vans, barbecues, late arrivals, generators etc etc
Very true mate , used to go there 40 years ago as well when our own kids were part of the problem ;) but don't see why I would go now.

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
You have taken the words from my mouth. But I have found from past experience you cannot criticise dogs. Their owners are worse that soccer mums.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You went last year you posted on here?
That is also true but it was when the kids were at school and can't remember any dogs either, but it was a one off as we couldn't get to France.
But saying all this we have been going to haven probably 50 years now and love it and the special offers make it possible to put up with any of the things you mentioned apart from dogs.
Just can't do with folks bringing them to you and expect you to fawn over the dirty smelly snot laden curs.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
One of the biggest reasons we sell vans. Got a dog now so Tenerife isn’t happening!
I would rather be on a site with yappy dogs than:
1- A site with small creaming children
2 - travellers and their children trying to get into my van to have a look.
3 - lots of people walking across my pitch
4 - Traffic Warden style Wardens

I have just left my local pub who knew I was coming and put water out for my pair of Shepherds and they said it’s great when your here because with Trixie and Jerry, the other dogs behave.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Instead of letting them wind you up you could try and work out what the dogs are actually saying?
They are pretty intelligent, in fact some would say that they understand our language much better than we understand theirs.
Get yourself a note book…..nice little project for the weekend👍

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Instead of letting them wind you up you could try and work out what the dogs are actually saying?
They are pretty intelligent, in fact some would say that they understand our language much better than we understand theirs.
Get yourself a note book…..nice little project for the weekend👍
😂😂yap yap yap yap yap yap yap………..means what?

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
In Spain early this year it was bliss. France had banned Brits entering so the only ones on the site were the long ferry people and some that come in December. Lovely. France dropped the travel ban, 3 days later the little dogs, yap, yap, yap. Big dogs are not a real problem. It's the little noisy rats on leads.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Can't remember if i said i wouldn't get involved with dog threads or cyclists threads, so i will pass, no use knocking if nobody in.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
That is also true but it was when the kids were at school and can't remember any dogs either, but it was a one off as we couldn't get to France.
But saying all this we have been going to haven probably 50 years now and love it and the special offers make it possible to put up with any of the things you mentioned apart from dogs.
Just can't do with folks bringing them to you and expect you to fawn over the dirty smelly snot laden curs.
Shoot ‘em!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back