Blinking slideouts... (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Oh Bugger.

Something got caught under the lounge slide this morning as e rolled it out (it's been windy). Now, slide wont move either way under motor power, even trying "Manual override".

Slide motor still works (can hear it), so I am fairly sure it's not electrical.

Tried to use hand crank to move slides - Suspect the crank I have been given is either slightly the wrong size, or the user is incompetant (make up your own minds, and no poll please Jim).

Can just move slides by pushing, but cannot get them fully out, or full in and locked. Tried to remove top panel in front locker to get better access, but despite removing the screws, can't move the panel (does it have a secret word or something like Alakazam?)

So, stuck with a "fluid" slide, and unable to work out hat to do next. It's been suggested by "one who am an engineer" that a pin may have sheared, but I can't get a good enough looksie to find out.

Any Ideas?

Please?

Papa

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Brian, can you not get a look at the mech from underneath the slide from the outside?

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Jim,
You have to remove the access panel (JC). Apparently, it is likely to be glued and screwed, so gonna have a tuna sanwich, then have another look.

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Push slide out, get under it and shine a torch through the hole where the rail goes into the RV - You may see a sheared pin in there :winky:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Brian,
I have sent you a pm, note - the manual handle will not work unless the switch is depressed, its a 2 person job, if it still won't work then something is stuck between the drive gear and the rack. The access panel needs to be removed, you can see the rack from underneath, lift up the rubber slide seal.
Linda

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Lindy - did the manual crank as per the book. Problem MAY have been that crank does not fit over spline - difficult to tell as cannot get a good-enough view. Suspect it more likely to be user error.

still can't get the damed top of the locker off - bending screwdrivers trying to lever it off :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Papa
As I said this AM, I think that you have sheared off the drive pin when whatever it was jammed. The pin is a really small one, only a few millimeters, very unlike the Americans I must say..... Anyway if the slide got stuck and the motor kept powering away I suspect that the pin sheared, I think it is designed to do that to protect the mechanism, so maybe yu could get one of Eddy's lads to have a look tomorrow and stick a new pin (read bolt) into it for you. At least that way you will be able to get the slide in and be able to drive the coach again.
Let us know how you get on,

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back