DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
I have an old Trelock LS 950 which is showing signs of giving up so I treated myself to a Ravemen PR1600.

There is an expected difference in light output. BUT there is much less of a beam pattern control. The old Trelock being German in origin complied with their laws. In that the LED should not be seen and a distinct cut off in the beam pattern. It worked a treat, a very controlled beam. I liked the light so much I went to buy the same. But they do not sell to the UK just now. I presume it will blow over once Brexit is understood. Or maybe they really have sold out of every product?! Who knows?

The new Ravemen light has two LEDs, one low beam and one high beam which is nice, plus it comes with a wireless remote. Nice touch. So it does try and reduce the glare for other road users, but I don't think it works as well as the Trelock.

Keep safe out there on the dark roads.

Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
I love riding in the dark, currently commuting on two wheels (by choice), everyone thinks I'm mad but with the right equipment, lights, clothing etc it is great! Like the idea of the wireless remote, I presume this can be used to "dip" the light when you have oncoming traffic? This would be really handy as the brightness on some of these lights is staggering!

One thing I can also highly recommend is a fully reflective jacket such as a Proviz Jacket makes you stand out like a lighthouse in traffic
<M>

OP
OP
DumfriesDik

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Hi Next Stop yup, I have a Proviz as well! Yes, the remote replicates the two function buttons on the light so you can do everything, including switching between dipped and full beam. The remote works off a 2032 battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have an old Trelock LS 950 which is showing signs of giving up so I treated myself to a Ravemen PR1600.

There is an expected difference in light output. BUT there is much less of a beam pattern control. The old Trelock being German in origin complied with their laws. In that the LED should not be seen and a distinct cut off in the beam pattern. It worked a treat, a very controlled beam. I liked the light so much I went to buy the same. But they do not sell to the UK just now. I presume it will blow over once Brexit is understood. Or maybe they really have sold out of every product?! Who knows?

The new Ravemen light has two LEDs, one low beam and one high beam which is nice, plus it comes with a wireless remote. Nice touch. So it does try and reduce the glare for other road users, but I don't think it works as well as the Trelock.

Keep safe out there on the dark roads.
I opened you link for the Ravmen, how muchšŸ˜²

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back