LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Maybe this should be on the member discounts thread, but I apparently don’t have sufficient privileges to post there...

Having clicked through on the Battery Megastore link from the top of our MH fun home page...

1590915336488.jpeg

...and found that the discount code was not accepted, I wonder if anyone has managed to find a decent-spec LiFePO4 100Ah battery at a decent price?

I suppose the word ‘decent’ is relative, but what’s the best battery people have managed to find, for the best price?

I’ve emailed BMS to ask for clarification, but in the meantime I’d be interested to hear what others have managed to find.

OP
OP
ManTheVan

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Good spot Jev88. Looks promising but I’ve noticed that there’s only a 1 year warranty on those batteries, whereas some seem to offer 2 or even 5 years. Spending that amount of money, I think I’d like the reassurance of at least 2 years in case something went wrong with the unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Good spot Jev88. Looks promising but I’ve noticed that there’s only a 1 year warranty on those batteries, whereas some seem to offer 2 or even 5 years. Spending that amount of money, I think I’d like the reassurance of at least 2 years in case something went wrong with the unit.
I agree, but experience of other people trying to return batteries in general indicates that it is very difficult to dodge the small print after 12months.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I agree, but experience of other people trying to return batteries in general indicates that it is very difficult to dodge the small print after 12months.
I tend to buy most of our vehicle batteries from Costco 👍
You can pretty much take them back for any reason forever 👍

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
These look like an option says UK made but some one on here will know better than me.
2068CCB0-69A2-401F-8016-33C7D17DF70C.png

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
...and found that the discount code was not accepted, I wonder if anyone has managed to find a decent-spec LiFePO4 100Ah battery at a decent price?

Just to say you only get what you pay for and imho opinion the posted batteries are pretty much unbranded and a Lithium in this price range shouldn’t be even considered additionally for those not aware it’s not a simple case of removing your old batteries and replacing with Lithium you could quite easily spend £500 to get the performance they deserve.
A Lithium system is beyond brilliant when compared to anything previous but looking to do it on low cost basis isn’t the way to go.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I stick to Varta 100 Ah deep cycle sealed batteries. Got 2 and get 3 years out of them suits me.
Mitch.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Best I could find is 488 pounds for 100ah LiFePo4 by ultramax. Bms inside.

Zamzoo

Free Member
Jun 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Soon to acquire..
Exp
Since 2015
Just to say you only get what you pay for and imho opinion the posted batteries are pretty much unbranded and a Lithium in this price range shouldn’t be even considered additionally for those not aware it’s not a simple case of removing your old batteries and replacing with Lithium you could quite easily spend £500 to get the performance they deserve.
What kind of modifications are we talking about? Changing the device that is delivering the charging current and monitoring cut off voltages? I guess a lot of MHs use the integrated Sargeant type things which may not have a lithium charging profile?

In the self build PVCs I’ve had it would just have been a case of changing the charging profile on the DC-DC charger, the 230v charger and the battery monitor. Difficulty varying by manufacturer, but Victron just a button press.

OP
OP
ManTheVan

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Went for the Ultramax which arrived promptly. Also upgraded to a Sterling pro-charge ultra lite and a Sterling B2B, both of which have LiFePO4 profiles, unlike my original CBE charger.

Pleased with the result so far. If I switch literally everything on and monitor the LiFePO4 battery there is hardly a perceptible drop in voltage. Am fitting a changeover relay, thanks to Pausim, to complete the job.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
With mine did, first one was a 20A 14,4v and with the second battery a 10A 14,6v. Both batteries 200ah. I don’t use any of them. I prefer the victron inverter charger to take care of mains charging, and lower absorption voltage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back