Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Hi, my son has just purchased this model, due to Covid-19 I am restricted is assisting him to sort it out. I have managed to download from the Benimar Club the text of the model handbook but no pictures, which are sometimes better than the written word. For its year Benimar had a high spec and it even has a solar panel fitted from new plus a waste tank electric assisted dump valve, that is a new one on me! However my question is regarding the Fresh Water tank. The words say the tank has an overflow valve, don’t know where but you can fill the tank to 50litres and if the valve is open it will pass to the underside of the van. Now it mentions closing the valve to fill to 125litres!! What is reasoning behind this? Is it for travelling with less weight perhaps? Again it’s a new one on me. My Autosleeper and now Elddis have overflows but nothing like this!
The 6000 ST was a very popular van as it’s 6 belted seat plus 6 berth, very good for Mum, Dad and kids!! Only a normal
Thetford C-200, 17litre loo though!! I look forward to any suggestions from Benimar owners.

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Have a look on the top of the fresh water tank, there will normally be a round handle wheel device which when turned in one direction will allow the lower amount and when turned opposite direction will allow full amount

OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Thanks very much, the tank is under the frd dinette seat I believe, the filling port is on the outside near there. I‘ve read a bit more and it’s to keep the weight down when travelling I think. I’ll phone him and get him to investigate. He is taking advantage of the dry weather with Silaflex 512 round the roof lights etc. Great things damp meters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
I have a further question this time 12VDC. Now the 1999 Europe ST has 2 leisure batteries fitted, one under the driver and one under the passenger seats. I’m not sure if this is an original fit as I can’t get in amongst it myself. As the solar panel is definitely an original fit it is charging the battery bank when light conditions permit. Does anyone know if the vehicle starting battery is linked to this system? Also if the van has a 230VAC hookup apart from charging the leisure batteries and suppling AC/DC to the van does it also charge the starting battery?
I have a “battery master” fitted by EddieVanBitz in Taunton in my van so I know my batteries are all charging when I have 230VAC, however this was not the case when the van was new. The vehicle starting battery was not connected to the system.
The Benimar 6000 ST is booked in for new Cam belt and Clutch replacement next week and I have told my son make sure it will start!! Garages that can lift a 6.8metre van are few in our area, hence we don’t want to miss the booking. He hasn’t been able to get connected to 230VAC so far where he is parked. We have a Honda generator so will be able to charge the starting battery if required, so that’s not an issue.
Any suggestions are gratefully received, thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back