Benimar 201 control panel not working (1 Viewer)

JBKG

Free Member
May 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Benimar 201
Working this morning. Just arrived at new campsite. Got electricity OK but control panel won't switch on. No water, no lights. Any suggestions please

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
What do you mean exactly by...... 'got electricity OK'.
How are you determining that you 'have' electricity?
Do you mean you have connected the EHU lead?
After plugging in your EHU lead on some campsite EHU posts you have to turn/twist your blue EHU plug clockwise to switch the leccy on.

AndyY

Free Member
May 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Benimar T486 & VWT5
Ease the panel out of the wall, unplug the connector (you may need a flatheaded screwdriver to help ease the plug out cos it's quite tight), wait a bit and then plug it back in. It may come back to life. Also check the cable connector where it enters the distribution (fuse) box and that it hasn't come loose. Also check your leisure battery isn't flat. Another suggestion is to remove the negative cable from the LB and then reconnect. All these things might be able to 'reset' the panel. Unfortunately it could also be that the panel has died - I've just had to replace mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JBKG

Free Member
May 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Benimar 201
Thank you both for getting back to me so quickly. We do have mains electricity since our fridge is working and we have power via our electric sockets so all is not lost. I have been on the phone to Marquis who tried to talk me thro' taking panel off and finding and unplugging the multi plug. Apparently that sometimes works but there were so many wires and little plugs I got scared ! Our leisure battery is definitely fully charged so it's most likely the control panel. We are in Portugal so will try to contact a Benimar distributor in Lisbon. It's not the end of the world....just a bit like glorified camping !
Jan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back