LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are thinking of going to Beni straight after Christmas, to be there for NYE.

We’ve already cashed in our Tesco vouchers, but don’t want to book the tunnel, if it means we will be there on our own with no mates to play with (I can just hear Arthur Askey now….)

So, who else is going to be there on the 31st?

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, No mates or not, we’ve booked the tunnel. We go on the 1st January, and come back on the 10th March.

I decided to book that date, to ensure we got to Villasol on the 5th in time for the Three Kings.

Now all we have to hope for is the end of Covid, wall to wall sunshine, the pitch we want, and the usual Beni welcome, and we’ll be fine!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well, No mates or not, we’ve booked the tunnel. We go on the 1st January, and come back on the 10th March.

I decided to book that date, to ensure we got to Villasol on the 5th in time for the Three Kings.

Now all we have to hope for is the end of Covid, wall to wall sunshine, the pitch we want, and the usual Beni welcome, and we’ll be fine!
You'll have to tell us all how you're going to be in Benny on NYE when you're setting off on New Years Day. :rofl:

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006

Flown a couple of times for a week and stopped in a hotel in January which was enough for me , 2 months there :oops::oops:.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

We’ve already cashed in our Tesco vouchers, but don’t want to book the tunnel, if it means we will be there on our own with no mates to play with (I can just hear Arthur Askey now….)

Sorry mate... we do not get there until the 17th of Jan

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Don't worry Geri, from what I've heard the "Hardcore regulars" are planning to be about for the first 3 months of next year, not totally sure ourselves yet, a lot depends on the family in HK and if we can visit, however I do think we will somehow get our 90 days in.(y)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
You'll have to tell us all how you're going to be in Benny on NYE when you're setting off on New Years Day. :rofl:
Do keep up Derek! (I can only say things like this when I know we are on different sides of the Tamar Bridge… :rofl:

Having decided that we will have no mates there for NYE, we changed our minds and went for the Three Kings instead.

What happens in Beni for the Three Kings?
I think what happens in most Spanish towns on 5th and 6th January. On the 5th, Carnival, Party, Processions, kids having fun, and on the 6th a laid back public holiday.

Flown a couple of times for a week and stopped in a hotel in January which was enough for me , 2 months there :oops::oops:.
As I’ve said countless times before, one man’s meat etc etc etc. Safe to say, we love it, as do many others. (y)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Don't worry Geri, from what I've heard the "Hardcore regulars" are planning to be about for the first 3 months of next year, not totally sure ourselves yet, a lot depends on the family in HK and if we can visit, however I do think we will somehow get our 90 days in.(y)
Hope all goes well for you and the family in HK Ed, and I really hope you get to visit them. Looking forward to catching up in Spain, but probably before then too!

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp

I would love to be !

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Do keep up Derek! (I can only say things like this when I know we are on different sides of the Tamar Bridge… :rofl:

Having decided that we will have no mates there for NYE, we changed our minds and went for the Three Kings instead.

I think what happens in most Spanish towns on 5th and 6th January. On the 5th, Carnival, Party, Processions, kids having fun, and on the 6th a laid back public holiday.

As I’ve said countless times before, one man’s meat etc etc etc. Safe to say, we love it, as do many others. (y)
And we have to reorganise our plans as we arrive Espana on 27th Nov. We have a deposit at Villajoyosa to use up but when and where is subject to 'negotiation' Married men will KNOW that negotiation is a subjective word.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hoping to be there ..got to use my Tesco vouchers up ...dates depend on us getting flights to Philippines in March....

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
No plans for going this time, doggie travel is seriously affected now.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We are getting the ferry on the 28th dec to northern Spain and yes it will be a fast drive south to sunnier climes, not sure it will be beni but it may be. Do you think we should book or leave it to chance.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
And we have to reorganise our plans as we arrive Espana on 27th Nov. We have a deposit at Villajoyosa to use up but when and where is subject to 'negotiation' Married men will KNOW that negotiation is a subjective word.
What's the difference between a divorcing wife and a terrorist?
You can always negotiate with a terrorist...

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are getting the ferry on the 28th dec to northern Spain and yes it will be a fast drive south to sunnier climes, not sure it will be beni but it may be. Do you think we should book or leave it to chance.
We’ve always booked ahead Gareth, but not sure what the situation will be next year, in the state of (and I’m saying this with seriously crossed fingers) POST Covid! :pray2:

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hoping to be there ..got to use my Tesco vouchers up ...dates depend on us getting flights to Philippines in March....
We were the same Graham - using up our Tesco vouchers!

Hope you and Rosie are well. Are you going to Malvern? If so it will be lovely to catch up with you both xx

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We are looking at Xmas and New Year at Beni then heading a bit further south, going to get the dog's rabies jabs done then see how things go with ahc and passports etc don't think I could do another cold winter here but things are changing quickly so it might be a bit easier come the time. :party3::drinks::sun:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back