Battery Query (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2021
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
Have owned my moho for 2.5 years now
I am going to be replacing my vehicle an leisure batteries very shortly. As i am new to this is there anything i need to consider doing with my sargent ec325 control unit when i disconnect the old batteries and connect the new ones

TIA

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Turn off mains (no EHU) and disconnect any solar panels from their controller. Swap battery then reconnect both.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not got a solar panel yet . Thanks for the info on ehu . Can i ask the reason why?
Just a little safer. No sparks when you disconnect and no possible surge from the charger when the stabilising effect of the battery isn't there. I should also have said turn off any consumers as well (lights, fans, phone chargers, whatever) for the same reasons. Nothing I've mentioned (except sparks) is a big issue really but easily done and removes any possibility of problems. Sparks are never a good idea around lead-acid batteries.

OP
OP
Sleafordquin
Sep 9, 2021
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
Have owned my moho for 2.5 years now
Just a little safer. No sparks when you disconnect and no possible surge from the charger when the stabilising effect of the battery isn't there. I should also have said turn off any consumers as well (lights, fans, phone chargers, whatever) for the same reasons. Nothing I've mentioned (except sparks) is a big issue really but easily done and removes any possibility of problems. Sparks are never a good idea around lead-acid batteries.
Awesome thank you sounds very sensible

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back