Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Any suggestions appreciated.While back went out for the weekend and plugged into mains on a site.flicked the switch to power the 12 volt stuff,interior lights etc,nothing! battery indicator on panel showed no reading so battery flat.Thought either bad battery or Zig not charging ,didn't know how old the battery was so decided to buy a new one,so fitted a 110 amp new one as this was cheaper than new Zig,and though it prudent to change it anyway.Went off for another weekend everything fine.Went away this weekend same problem,so thought the Zig must be Kaput,but couldn't understand why new battery had gone flat as only been out on the previous mentioned.Anyway decided to leave the charging swiitch on this weekend anyway and after 2 days the indicator on the panel was showing about 1/4 charge and the lights worked so assume the there is some charging going on so maybe the zig is okay?will charge the battery up fully again at home but puzzled.As an aside would it be possible to use my battery charger I have at home instead of the Zig in the motorhome? it is one of these intelligent types not a cheap thing. Thanks for any inputs:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
YES :thumb:use the one at home-are you sure you have left nothing turned on?You have a power on/off to switch all the 12v stuff off in one go :thumb: remember to turn it off before you leave the van parked up.
If memory is right the zig unit has a 3 way switch left for l/batt charging middle is off and right charges the engine battery.You need to buy a cheap multi meter from maplins or ebay £6/10 ish and see if your battery is charging when on hook up (ehu )Converters do not always wire things up the same way or leave things not wired :Doh: Switch things on and off and see what happens with your M/meter:thumb:
terry
Mine is on EHU all the time at home so I leave the L/B on charge 24/7 and I have a Aldi /lidl 3 way charger (£12) on the vehicle battery 24/7 never got around to fitting a battery master type thing

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I assume you have one you use on the Hardley ::bigsmile: that will stay on permanent charge /float that type of thing they are better for at home than the zig I would have thought.Lidl and Aldi do a cheap one a couple of times a year that are fully auto and work well and can remain on charge for weeks:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
I seem to constantly have this problem? unless i add another comment I cant see any posts!

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Thanks for the advice:Smile: Regarding the home charger I cant leave it attached to the MH,when I am had home as I have to park away from my house.But when I mentioned using the home Battery charger I meant fitting it in the MH and using it instead of the zig.

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Broken Link Removed
This is the home charger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
YES fit that :thumb: but you should still check the zig unit---if it proves kn-----d you should look at fitting alternative unit altogether:winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back