Batteries (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2013
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I-414
Exp
2002-2006, 2013-current
I have been going through our new (to us) Hymer, and have started checking the electrics-as in where are the fuses, distribution panel, charger etc. It has a pair of Varna Professional LA95 AGM 95ah batteries which I assume since the van has only done 10,000 miles since new in January 2016 are original. I haven’t had any issues with them so far, had 150watts of solar fitted when we bought the van. Has anyone any comment/opinion/suggestions to make? We tend to go away for a couple of 2 week periods in the spring and summer and then 5-6 weeks in Spain in the Autumn, stay mainly in aires in the Summer with maybe a couple of nights on a site with ehu. In the Autumn it would be on sites apart from travelling. Our old van had 2 x 100ah habitation batteries and 2 solar panels which were on it when we bought it so no idea of their capacity-but we managed for 10 days on an Aire in Biscarosse last year without ehu. So, should I be looking towards Lithium batteries in the long term or just carry on as we are??

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Probably not worth the expense for 12-14 weeks of the year. Well not in my opinion anyway. I've just replaced my batteries and went for a like for like replacement of 2 90ah gels even though the lithiums were really tempting.

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I think you have just what you need......until recently my 2006 Hymer had just one leisure battery 90ah and one 120w Solar panel.....only when I started asking more from my system did I upgrade my panel.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think you're doing well to survive 10days without EHU after five years.
You'll know when you need to change and the simplest is like-for-like.
I guess you're not a heavy user. If so, they could keep going for a few more years, yet.
I'd replace them when they last less than four days, which is as long as we usually stop without EHU. Your needs may differ.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back