Bad news for Holland - Norway ferry (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
If this was to continue to thrive as it did on start up it may have encouraged DFDS or Stena to trial a UK crossing to Scandinavia again but HN's problems at Eemshaven have been unfortunate, or careless.

Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
https://hollandnorwaylines.com/

Emden to Kristiansand

"Holland Norway Lines has applied for suspension of payments from the court
Pending further developments, the MS Romantika is not sailing for the time being and ticket sales have been halted."

I hope it can be sorted out and service resumed soon.
I was due to sail with the Campervan on this route in a couple of weeks time (return trip). Now looks as though it’ll take me a year or so to get my money back either from administrators or via travel insurance. Also now having to work out alternative routes to get to Norway and back. What a pain!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I was due to sail with the Campervan on this route in a couple of weeks time (return trip). Now looks as though it’ll take me a year or so to get my money back either from administrators or via travel insurance. Also now having to work out alternative routes to get to Norway and back. What a pain!
Did you pay by credit card? If so just claim through them

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Section 75 protection . I used it when a car hire firm went into administration and the money was back on my card within 24 hours if claiming . Good luck

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Just bear in mind that statutory Section 75 protection only applies to credit cards not debit cards.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Good luck.

I always pay on credit card / paypal for things over £100. Actually I've found credit card people will also chase for things less than £100 although I've only asked twice in over 40 years!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back