Rally Chat Awnings (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Last night in Spain, after faultless weather we had a storm warning, and when it arrived it was of biblical proportions.
There were 2 awnings smashed to bits, and interestingly they were both made by Thule. All the Fiamma ones withstood the storm, including ours.
Thule appears to have a join in the middle of the main outer spar and both broke in half.
Just my observations.
Phil

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I never learn; wake in the middle of the night with a gale blowing and struggle winding the canopy in. Wet but less expensive than not doing anything

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Last night in Spain, after faultless weather we had a storm warning, and when it arrived it was of biblical proportions.
There were 2 awnings smashed to bits, and interestingly they were both made by Thule. All the Fiamma ones withstood the storm, including ours.
Thule appears to have a join in the middle of the main outer spar and both broke in half.
Just my observations.
Phil
Interesting.
Glad that i have the Fiamma type.
Will have a look at other motorhomers vans that have Thule fitted to see if they have a join.
Maybe they need a centre pole for added support?

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
We always take it in, unforecast mini storm in the Dordogne twisted our Thule omninister side arm, fortunately we managed to wind it back into the cartridge and replace the arm when we got home.
Probably cost us Ā£300 but Lots of hassle and we got off lightly, only takes a few minutes to wind it in or out, you can leave the pegs in the ground, just put a chair over or something.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back