skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
As it can be irritating if someone leaves their awning light on all night, which we have done on occasion,
20210501_092248.jpg
I Finally fitted and tested the led I fitted to the awning light switch.
So we know even with blinds shut if we have left tha awning light on. Or accidentally nudged the switch

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
It's an omission by the converter. The awning light has a tell-tale light on the control panel in mine.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Having done that at Jasmin last week I'm seriously thinking of something similar - just a simple LED which I can fit next to the control panel which is actually behind the awning light. Any suggestions of what (and how please, I'm no electrician) to get?

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I just connected an led to the light wiring at the switch. The led was on length of wire so easy to fit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I just connected an led to the light wiring at the switch. The led was on length of wire so easy to fit
Was it as simple as that? I think you would need a resistor in series to drop the voltage. Most LEDs have forward voltage of less than 5V, and can't be connected straight across a 12V supply?

I2C

Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
Was it as simple as that? I think you would need a resistor in series to drop the voltage. Most LEDs have forward voltage of less than 5V, and can't be connected straight across a 12V supply?
You can buy 12v led bulbs from Amazon for interior lights/number plates so no resistor required. A normal little led bulb is 2-3 volts so yes you’d need something to lower the voltage, a resistor or dc step down buck from eBay would do it, used a dc buck quite a few times to get 12v to 5v for dash cams.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
You can buy 12v led bulbs from Amazon for interior lights/number plates so no resistor required.
If you look at the spec details you can see there is a small resistor incorporated into the attached wires, so these LEDs are OK to connect across a 12V supply. As skylinersi says, easy to fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back