LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been done to death on here before. I have been a member for some time but not a regular visitor to the site.
I need some help with my roll out awning which is a Thule Omnistor 8000 (I think). it doesn't re-house itself properly as it is a bit too low at the point it tries to re-enter the housing meaning that Mrs B-Lamb has to assist with judicious use of the soft brush with an upward thrust.
I have phoned rose Awnings as suggested by others who weren't particularly helpful (or interested) and I have called Becks who supplied the van new and drew a very similar response despite being listed by Thule as a supplier/repairer.
Can someone please tell me if it is possible to find someone in the Norfolk(ish) area who can service/repair our awning. It hasn't been used that much and we can't really afford to replace it.
Thanks in anticipation

Betsy Lamb

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I need some help with my roll out awning which is a Thule Omnistor 8000 (I think). it doesn't re-house itself properly as it is a bit too low at the point it tries to re-enter the housing meaning that Mrs B-Lamb has to assist with judicious use of the soft brush with an upward thrust.

Is the bit that you’re referring to at one/each end, or at some point midway along the length of the awning?

Ours is 6m long and ‘sags’ a bit in the middle and (sometimes) my OH has to give it a little assistance pretty much as you describe.

How long is your awning?

Ian

OP
OP
Betsy Lamb

Betsy Lamb

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
It’s 5m and there is no sagging. It’s just too low when it reaches the casing and won’t go back properly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have had several over the years with the same problem ,a push up as you described then move on .
You could try a clean and give a spray of WD on the jointing keep ,may help.

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Hi Betsy
Had to replace the gearbox on mine due to previous owner forcing the awning back into its housing. This made a big difference but did not quite cure the problem, The sag on mine was in the middle so I loosened the fixing on the van applied pressure upwards on the awning case and re tightened, again a little improvement but still not quite housing properly. I then wound it right out and cleaned all the gunge out of all the housing and front face of the awning where the water runs down. I was surprised how much gunge there was and how compacted it was. Still not perfect but lots better and pops into its housing without assistance.

Cheers
Colin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Betsy Lamb

Betsy Lamb

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Thankyou, I'm sitting here with a ruptured Achilles tendon at the mo, but I will have a go myself when I am back on my feet. all of the parts are available online so that suggests that these awnings can be repaired.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back