Avtex & mobile phone hotspot (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4I
Exp
Hi I have just found out from Facebook that apparently the Avtex TVs don’t connect to a mobile phone hotspot? I have just upped my phone data to unlimited in order to connect this way🤬 Is this correct and if so do any of the other makes connect via mobile hot spot? I know fire stick is an alternative but I’ve committed to the phone route now but still have time to cancel the Avtex!

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi I have just found out from Facebook that apparently the Avtex TVs don’t connect to a mobile phone hotspot? I have just upped my phone data to unlimited in order to connect this way🤬 Is this correct and if so do any of the other makes connect via mobile hot spot? I know fire stick is an alternative but I’ve committed to the phone route now but still have time to cancel the Avtex!

How can they tell the difference?

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2021
UK & Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
Hi.

I have just switched on our Avtex tv to check for you (Avtex L219 DRS PRO).

The tv receives its images via a physical connection only (aerial/satellite/HDMI/USB). There is no ability to connect with wifi.

Your unlimited internet is not wasted if you use a Firestick, as you already know.
We spend a lot of time abroad and use a Firestick exclusively then. When in the UK, the tv aerial does the job.

If you want to watch anything via the Internet, then I think your only option is to buy a Firestick or similar. I am sure others will advise if this is not the case.

As an aside, we are very happy with our TV but would recommend listening to it via a sound bar.

Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you ordered one of the 'wifi' Avtex ones or just a standard model? You need a 'Connected TV' model in order to use your phone's wifi connection, it's all in the manuals for these models and appears easy to do.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Info from one of the manuals here:

1619012935367.png

1619012963773.png

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I don't know the specs of your M/home but if you have an android head unit their is a possibility that you can connect to that or even as in my case introduce a sim card directly.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Fire sticks connect to the TV with HDMI and are powered by USB. TV does not have to have a USB, that can be anywhere with a long enough lead :rofl:
Sorry my bad should have read HDMI which I think most Avtex TVs have well our does anyway🙄

Upvote 0

knickam

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 5, 2020
Fraserburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
2 years

What model Avtex Tv are you planning on getting

It has to be a connected model to use a wifi signal

<Broken link removed>

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back