Autotrail reversing camera screen replacement (1 Viewer)

Mar 7, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
end of 2011
We bought a 2010 Autotrail Apache 634 and took delivery on the day that lockdown started so it had to go straight into our compound and I haven’t been able to play with it yet. One thing I noticed was that the reversing camera screen is the tiny on the radio. Has any one taken the feeds from camera and feed them into another larger display and if so how easy is it to do. We don’t have the drop down screen that is fitted to some models but is the wiring in the lining as standard and can I use that.

I am going to fit reversing sensor any way as an audible warning as the current screen is so small I need to put my glasses on to see it.

OP
OP
T
Mar 7, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
end of 2011
Hi Jim. Haven't been able to access my van yet as it is still in the compound and not sure if we are allowed to move it as it isn't a necessary journey. Don't want to be fined by the police. Not supposed to work on the van in the compound except for essentials like checking oil etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 6, 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Frontier
Exp
since 2015
Hi Terry,
I had the same problem as you have, whereas the screen for the reverse camera was tiny (on the radio screen)
I bought a full reverse camera kit off fleabay for under £30.00 .
I used the original camera & wired it to the new mirror mounted monitor,the cables for the reverse camera are in the base of the cupboard where the sargent unit is.
Good luck Terry.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T
Mar 7, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
end of 2011
Hi Kevntrace,
Did you disconnect anything from the back of the sargent unit like power to run the new monitor or did you just tap into the lines? Hopefully I will be able to get on with it when I can bring our van out of the compound.

Upvote 0
Sep 6, 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Frontier
Exp
since 2015
Hi Terry,
I took the power for the monitor from the fuse box located to the right of the steering column,It also needs an earth which you can use any bolt etc on the vehicle body.
For the signal i had to extent the existing cable that goes to the rear camera, I just used the cable that came with the new camera kit fed it down the trim behind the drivers seat & under the step trim then up inside the A-pillar trim & along behind the headlining.
Hope this helps Terry. pleases let me know how you get on.
cheers Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T
Mar 7, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
end of 2011
That's great help, ordered a 7" monitor on ebay so I should be able to get it sorted as soon as I can bring the van back to the house.
Thanks Terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T
Mar 7, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
end of 2011
Just finished fitting the new screen, it was easier than I thought after finding some installation instruction. I used some scotch lock connectors to tap off two wires in connector A and the reversing lead. Then plugged the video lead from the camera into the new screen. I now have a 7" screen to see what is behind me. Thanks for the help Kev.

Upvote 0
Sep 6, 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Frontier
Exp
since 2015
That's great Terry, pleased i could help you a little.
It makes a massive difference being able to see what's behind you now.
Well done.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back