Free Member
Nov 6, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
1999 autostratus
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey! Long time lurker first time poster.

I have a 99 peugeot boxer autostratus. Was in a bit of a sorry state when I bought it. Made worse when I punched a few holes in the sills :(

Anyway! The habit door locks outside fine and opens and closes well. The issue I have is locking from the inside. You can turn the knob slightly once the door is shut to lock it, but you can just pull the outside handle and it unlocks and opens.

I took it apart earlier. Once seperated, the internal mechanism works perfectly and the knob is able to turn to the lock position. Only when I put it together with the external handle again, the internal knob is unable to turn to the lock position.

I feel it could be the locking barrel. But could it be something else?

Due to move in full time soon, so need to get it sorted.

My temporary solutions are to lock from the outside and then climb in through the cab, or install a few sash jammers. I'd rather just fix it though.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers!!!

(I'm unable to post photos of it, but here's a link to a very expensive example)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=143489416588

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
We have the same/similar van, you have to make sure of the position of the key when you remove it, I think it has to be horizontal but can check tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back