Auto sleeper Sigma washroom light switch (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are currently away with friends and their new to them camper. Private seller.
It’s a first night shakedown.
They could not find a switch for the washroom lights.
No problem, I said it’ll be there somewhere......:rolleyes:
We. It’s not to be found. Anyone know where it is?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I remember this problem on my last mh It was eventually found as a small rocker switch on the bottom of a cabinet. That was a Dethleffs but no doubt others are hidden away too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Have found little pimple switches on the actual ceiling lights.
Don’t know if they work though because of other problems!

Thanks everyone

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don't know how old this MH is, but one of my biggest fears is taking ownership of a 'modified' MH, if people dabble with changing light fittings, adding USB sockets, inverters, etc it potentially opens a can of worms when something doesn't work

Bets of luck and I really hope all the problems are small and quickly resolved, they could always call the seller and ask them (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Not a good first introduction to Motorhoming as re your other thread it sounds like some wiring problems that may need a professional to go over....

Hope it gets sorted at not too much expense ....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I don't know how old this MH is, but one of my biggest fears is taking ownership of a 'modified' MH, if people dabble with changing light fittings, adding USB sockets, inverters, etc it potentially opens a can of worms when something doesn't work

Bets of luck and I really hope all the problems are small and quickly resolved, they could always call the seller and ask them (y)
Yes, we’ve called the seller and he doesn’t have any idea about the electrical issues. We’re pretty sure he’s genuine. No signs of DIY amendments, it just that it’s been standing unused for at least a year and by the looks of the cassette, he brought it home from his last trip (at least a year ago, probably more) and turned off the key and that was that.

One thing I’ve discovered this morning is that friends had Trumatic on gas last evening but had not removed the cover on the vent outside.
The Trumatic unit did get very very hot both on the outside of the unit to the touch and in the wardrobe above which is where the fuse unit is. So we are thinking that maybe some expansion happened then contraction overnight , maybe enough to make a loose connection somewhere.

The seller had told them he never takes the vent cover off, but maybe he only used the heater on EHU. We don’t know.
Anyway I think a good check of the unit is required so we are looking for a reliable electrician who knows about MHs. See other thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Its not one of those lights that you have to touch the diffuser around the light is it ?
Turns out there is a tiny switch embedded in the plastic surround of the light! I spotted this but at the time didn’t know that the 12v system had a problem :whistle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back