Asda sim - £7 (30 day contract), pay for 3 months then get £40 gift card - £19 profit! Can be used abroad! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I didn't put this on the forum before as I was waiting for my sim to arrive and make sure it worked properly - ordered 21/12/23 and got it yesterday although most people got theirs much sooner!

Can be used in UK and in roaming destinations (the usual ones) including all 5gb of data, there doesn't appear to be a need to use it a lot in the UK before you go away as they don't check until 4 months has passed where you're using it more (ie UK or abroad) and as the gift card should come through within 14 days of the 3rd payment most people will cancel it once they get that anyway so will be a moot point (you just remove your payment method and it will stop when the 4th payment is due), but of course you can keep using it if you want.

Use the link at the bottom to access the deal, just fill in the required details and wait for it to plop through your letter box. I'll post a bit more info later about how you activate and set-it up once you get it as although it's not obvious it's not difficult to do.

Make sure you keep a record of the email, username and password you use to get the deal as you'll need them later!

1704470743156.png

• £40 Asda e-gift card offer on the £7 SIM bundle
  • Available to new customers
  • Customers must purchase the SIM bundle and set to auto-renew each month to access the promotion
  • Once customers have paid 3 consecutive months they will be eligible to receive a £40 Asda e-gift card
  • Customers will receive the gift card via the email address used at purchase up to 14 days after making their 3rd payment
  • The promotion will be live between 05/12/2023 00:01 and 05/03/2024 23:59
  • Standard ASDA Mobile & ASDA Gift Card Terms & Conditions apply, see links for further details
  • mobile.asda.com/support/terms-and-conditions
  • asdagiftcards.com/terms-and-conditions
  • This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is limited to one use per customer
  • Asda Gift Cards are issued by Asda Stores Ltd, Great Wilson Street, Leeds LS11 5AD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay, assuming you've got one of the sims here's how to set it up.

1: Activate sim
This will happen once you've put it in your phone (you have 30 days to do it), some phones will show it immediately, others need to be rebooted (I always do this anyway) - you'll know it's live as you'll get texts from Asda mobile.

2: APN
You'll need to manually create this on your phone (you only need to complete the below fields and ignore the rest), depending on phone type do as follows:

Android - on my Xiaomi Redmi it's found here & will be similar on yours I suspect:
Go to Settings > SIM cards & mobile networks > select ASDA sim > Access Point Names > New APN:​
Name: ASDA internet​
APN: MY.INTERNET​
Username: wap​
Password: wap​
Click More at bottom of screen and then Save

Apple - you need to set it up in TWO different areas (I haven't got an iPhone so can't say if this is all you need to do):
Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network and use the following settings:

Internet/Mobile Data

Personal Hotspot

3: Download the app
You can get this from the usual places depending on your phone type

4: Payment card
Despite putting this in when purchasing the sim it isn't kept so you have to do input it, this is how to do it in the app:
Log into the app > click on Profile (bottom right cog) > Click on Registering payment cards and enter details there and save​

5: Activating your £7 bundle

Go onto Asda mobile's website mobile.asda.com (NOT the app as the T&Cs state it has to be done via the website):
Scroll down and click on Activate sim (or something like that - hubby did them and can't remember! :rolleyes:

You will then see a current balance of £0 but ignore it as it's always £0 unless you put £ credit on for other stuff/buy extras etc, your £7 bundle will be detailed underneath.

Hopefully you'll now be able to use it!!! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back