Arctic Alde with heat exchanger (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hi can anyone explain in janet and John language how the alde with heat exchangers work, ie during travel to heat the van up, and if I was parked in the alps at -15 how does it heat the engine up for ease of starting. I’m taking a guess that as it goes round either being heated by engine (moving) or boiler (stationary) it heats one or t’other up. I’m also assuming it needs a pump running either way? Is it all automatic or does it have ”settings”

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
You have it in one, basically, controlled from the Alde control panel, my Hymer also has a second heat exchanger to provide fan boosted hot air to the cab area and a separate diesel powered heater, mounted underneath also controlled from the Alde panel and factory fitted.
Also , I guess , can be controlled by the truma iNet box, but have yet to bother to find how it works.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
You may have a valve on the heat exchanger which needs to be open. Then on the Alde panel turn off gas & electric and set temperature very high (or pump to continuous). You should then get some heat through once engine is hot,but it can be quite slow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Forgot to add it’s on a Carthage Chic C-Line, a “friend” is looking at one😉😁😁

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi can anyone explain in janet and John language how the alde with heat exchangers work, ie during travel to heat the van up, and if I was parked in the alps at -15 how does it heat the engine up for ease of starting. I’m taking a guess that as it goes round either being heated by engine (moving) or boiler (stationary) it heats one or t’other up. I’m also assuming it needs a pump running either way? Is it all automatic or does it have ”settings”
While driving with the Alde with heat exchanger you need to turn off both gas and electric and then set the desired temperature so that the boiler pulls the heat from the engine, but just because you have the heat exchanger option it does not necessarily work the other way to heat the engine as you need an additional pump in the engine plumbing and not all vans have this as part of the standard heat exchanger set up.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
You may have a valve on the heat exchanger which needs to be open. Then on the Alde panel turn off gas & electric and set temperature very high (or pump to continuous). You should then get some heat through once engine is hot,but it can be quite slow.
Hi Brian, Are you going to Jims next week? If so I might be in my “friends” Carthago, I may be chatting to you quite a lot😉😁😁😁😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
While driving with the Alde with heat exchanger you need to turn off both gas and electric and then set the desired temperature so that the boiler pulls the heat from the engine, but just because you have the heat exchanger option it does not necessarily work the other way to heat the engine as you need an additional pump in the engine plumbing and not all vans have this as part of the standard heat exchanger set up.
It’s quoted as having “Arctic alde with heat exchanger“ I’ve never heard of it myself 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back