Anyone seen my 650kg? (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We had the same issue arrived at in the same way as the OP. Had a Swift and knew precisely the weight of all the kit, then bought a Chausson which, with the same kit in it, should have been fine for payload, but of course, when we weighed it it was overweight. We stripped it back to as near ex-factory as we could, and it was over the specified weight by 150kg. Which, interestingly, was still just about within the 5% tolerance that most manufacturers quote in their specs. Easily uprated, but a pain in the proverbial!

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I've just bitten the bullet and sent off to SV Tech to see what they say I can uprate to...

I'm hoping that it's gonna be at least 5000kg, and even then I'm considering taking the towbar off - I bet that's heavy, it looks it...

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I've just bitten the bullet and sent off to SV Tech to see what they say I can uprate to...

I'm hoping that it's gonna be at least 5000kg, and even then I'm considering taking the towbar off - I bet that's heavy, it looks it...
My towbar assembly is 50kg (different mh) which is, I think, fairly typical.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Lot of people driving around way overweight and haven’t a clue. They just stuff everything in the lockers and bikes on the back. Met a guy last year who was complaining about catching the rear end. He asked my opinion on the subject so I went and had a look. 15” tyres was a bit of a give away. Looked in the garage and found a scooter along with loads of other stuff. He had no idea about payload. Must have been well over the limit. Probably wrecked the back axle by now.

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
We'll, I bit the bullet, paid the money and now have a van with a rating 5250kg which should give me a free payload of about 250kg once I sorted out my garage :):):)

Happy bunny now... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back