Anyone recently applied for C1 re- instating? (1 Viewer)

Xirles

Free Member
Apr 3, 2021
Wakefield, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Last time was 2002, now bought one again!
Hi all,

After a number of years without a MH we have bought one again! My husband's grandfather rights for C1 weren't renewed as he applied online last time his licence renewed( 2019) . Medical done ( no probs) licence and paperwork and medical forms sent in by recorded delivery with current licence.
Now we wait........has anyone done this recently as there are horror stories online about waiting 5/6 months and still not had licence returned.? 😱

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi all,

After a number of years without a MH we have bought one again! My husband's grandfather rights for C1 weren't renewed as he applied online last time his licence renewed( 2019) . Medical done ( no probs) licence and paperwork and medical forms sent in by recorded delivery with current licence.
Now we wait........has anyone done this recently as there are horror stories online about waiting 5/6 months and still not had licence returned.? 😱

:hiya: Some people when renewing, get them back quickly and some people, like both myself and my husband have to wait 12 months. The union strike just announced at DVLA will not help.
I hope yours comes soon but everyone’s experience is different.
We were OK as had not given up grandfather rights and could still drive under section 88 of RTA - at least in UK. You are not in that position and will just have to wait.

OP
OP
Xirles

Xirles

Free Member
Apr 3, 2021
Wakefield, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Last time was 2002, now bought one again!
Thanks for your reply. It seems the MH will sit on the drive for some time! I sincerely hope it's not going to take 12 months!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
Thanks for your reply. It seems the MH will sit on the drive for some time! I sincerely hope it's not going to take 12 months!!
Hopefully you are using your MH? I sent all my paperwork in to the DVLA in March still waiting for my licence it ran out in mid June but still using the MH.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If you are still waiting for your license than get your MP on the case.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Might of been wise to get the license before buying, what if you had failed the medical ?

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
Might of been wise to get the license before buying, what if you had failed the medical ?
I have all eye & medicals done so all ok on that score, my MH is ok weight wise now but I want to add some extras which will lake me over the 3500kg at 73yrs , hence the upgrade to a C1

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I have all eye & medicals done so all ok on that score, my MH is ok weight wise now but I want to add some extras which will lake me over the 3500kg at 73yrs , hence the upgrade to a C1
It’s ok assuming that dvla will agree with your medical results. I have known hgv driver that have had that done and then still have to go to a dvla nomination dr. But if you’re happy then that’s it, just a matter of waiting now

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi, my application took six months from start to receipt of new licence, they only gave me one year on my C1 part.
Have requested the reason why this was the case as my doctor said there is no reason for it !
Tried to contact DVLA by phone, no reply, tried both letter and email and no response either !
On their web page they advise you that there is no appeal against their decision.
They suckIMO !!

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Started the process for mine at beginning of March, still waiting and now they want me to have another medical because original was more than 3 months gone,
Absolute fgarce

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back