MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
if you look at the curve of the road and the angle the photo has been taken from, the photographer could have been standing on fresh aire? :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
amazing what you can now find via google and google image match:

A raised curb prevented a German couple's motor home from falling into a fjord 650 meters below. The driver had probably forgotten to secure the vehicle with the handbrake.

That was close. A couple from Germany almost lost their mobile home in a spectacular action in Norway's Aurlandsfjord, as reported by "Bild.de". Accordingly, the couple visited the Stegastein viewpoint and parked the motorhome on the side of the road.
Suddenly the vehicle rolled backwards. According to "Bild.de", the driver had probably forgotten to put on the handbrake. The raised curb finally stopped rolling backwards after a few meters.
At this point, the left rear wheel of the motorhome was already hanging in the air - over a rock face that drops down to the Aurlandsfjord 650 meters below. The driver then called the ADAC in Germany, which contacted a local towing service.

"When I came, the two were pretty shaken, but after a bit of back and forth and the use of stop blocks, we brought the car back to where it belongs," quotes the "Bild" Anders Frydenlund.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back