Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Could you put marks out of ten for Motorhome depot please.
Thinking of the same route.

The guy took all the van details, he asked me how much I was looking for. I was going to sell it with almost everything left in place, but he said it wouldn’t add value (which I knew anyway).

I told him my bottom line, he agreed to it. Came along and took loads of photos and checked the van over. Agreed with the price I wanted. It was advertised within 24 hours. Any emails I sent were answered very quickly. He informed me when serious enquiries had been made. First viewing 24th Feb, deposit taken later that day, collected by new owner on 6th March.

They handle all enquiries, money is in their account before handover, then bank transfer after the new owners are fully happy with the van. Money in my account, handed over keys, job done.

I know some people have not been 100% happy with some of these brokers, but I can only speak of my experience and I was 100% happy. So 10 out of 10 from me. No worries about having to deal with tyre kickers and chancers etc as the Broker comes for the viewing and handover. I was happy to show the new owners how everything on the van worked.

The guy I dealt with, Noel, covers the Bristol, Bath, Somerset areas. Give them a go, it doesn’t cost you anything to talk to them. 👍

Incidentally, my van was marked up for £4k more than I was asking for it, but I still achieved what was was prepared to accept.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Following Sappers earlier advice, I also put my outgoing Hymer with the same broker. Noel. My experience so far has been the same. He is on the ball. We have had one viewing, but unusually, the buyer lives in the village! They are proceeding in my absence (we are currently in Spain). A new Habitation check is scheduled for this afternoon and a deposit will then be paid. The buyer might wait until we get home for completion, but if not, I’m looking forward to going through everything with him on my return to ensure he’s happy.
I will also receive my bottom line price.
So far, very impressed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back