Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Hi on our way south in Spain we are at Peniscola heading south on Monday anybody about
Thanks

not until 12th unfortunately then heading for the Valencia fire festival, Las Fallas if its still on and not cancelled because of Chinese flu, wife is beginning to think going to large gatherings may not be a good idea a whole week of fiesta with over 1 million extra tourists :unsure::imoutahere:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
not until 12th unfortunately then heading for the Valencia fire festival, Las Fallas if its still on and not cancelled because of Chinese flu, wife is beginning to think going to large gatherings may not be a good idea a whole week of fiesta with over 1 million extra tourists :unsure::imoutahere:
You won’t have to worry about coronavirus when you breathe in the fumes when they light the fallas.
They are huge and look great. Just such a shame they are built of polystyrene. Horrendous black smoke when lit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
You won’t have to worry about coronavirus when you breathe in the fumes when they light the fallas.
They are huge and look great. Just such a shame they are built of polystyrene. Horrendous black smoke when lit.
Yes shame about the polystyrene but having been many times to the fires not all have polystyrene and the majority of the fire is made up of wood scaffolding and paper mache the sculptures are amazing and very skillful. There have been moves by the Valencian council to ban the use of polystyrene.
According to the history of the fires when Valencia was a major furniture producer once a year all the furniture shops brought their off cuts from the year into the streets and burnt them and the staff had the day off and thats how the festival started

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just say in a loud voice (preferably in Spanish) "it's not as warm as when we were in CHINA, last week" At least that should give you some more room.:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
HI ALL, IN BENI
WE ARE NEW TO THIS, SO JUST WONDERING IF MANY WILL BE AROUND FROM THE 1ST MARCH TILL 11TH. WE ARE STAYING IN HOTEL FOR 10 NIGHTS, FOR MY 65 TH BIRTHDAY THEN GOING HOME BACK DOWN 2WEEKS LATER FOR RALLY IN BENICARLO.[MUST BE MAD] IF ANYONE AROUND WOULD LOVE TO SEE OTHER MOTORHOME FUNSTERS FOR A DRINK IN BENI, THANK YOU

Deleted User
I'm at Santander waiting for the ferry home.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes we are. We love it here, great cycling, lovely views and enough going on in the town to not feel like it is dead in the winter.

Just don't arrive on a Saturday when the aire gets taken over by visitor parking for the Market. Although, having said that, by 5pm and all is back to normal.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yep, been here since October and heading home in April ?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
If you fancy a seriously good food I thoughly recommend Restaurant Bistro Selene it’s at the complete opposite of the Town to the Camper Stop but only 10 minutes or so walk,if you speak to them they will let you park overnight after Dining which allows you to have tipple and the last 100 yards to it has no road lighting

The food is as stated good and it’s a true Dining Experience and lovely people again highly reccomended.

Don’t you love the little guy that collects the €5 everyday I believe he looks after it for his Son.

Great MTB area.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If you fancy a seriously good food I thoughly recommend Restaurant Bistro Selene it’s at the complete opposite of the Town to the Camper Stop but only 10 minutes or so walk,if you speak to them they will let you park overnight after Dining which allows you to have tipple and the last 100 yards to it has no road lighting

The food is as stated good and it’s a true Dining Experience and lovely people again highly reccomended.

Don’t you love the little guy that collects the €5 everyday I believe he looks after it for his Son.

Great MTB area.
Thanks for the recommendation. We are here with Jenben so will see if they want to check it out.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
In Palencia, en route to Bilbao Tuesday’s ferry.
Had a lovely drive up through Andalucia and Extremadura, two of my favourite regions.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010

Great MTB area.

Just checked it out on Tripadvisor. Looks lovely! :giggle:

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
You can park overnight at the Castle for €2 ,but noisy no facilities,or there is Do Rengo.€5. Nice walk to sea front along river,about 15 minutes. Nice little bar a bit of dog noise but not too bad. upper terrace is less congested. About 10 minutes walk to Dunnes ,Lidl and Iceland. Water ,toilet waste etc.N.36.53239 . W.4.63878

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back