Anyone in “The Club” ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi all.
We have just ordered our first new van (a Malibu 490T) for delivery next June... whilst I wait with anticipation I was thinking of joining the Carthargo Club. Happy to pay my subs on here as we have learned loads. Just not sure about another “club”. ...
Thoughts please.
Many thanks.
And yes... it’s a jolly long time till June..

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You only sign up for a year so you may meet a BFF or you may find it a waste of money but worth a try given the overall money you will be spending on your van.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Depends what you're looking for.
Carthago Owners = 2 meets a year (3 this year) + active Facebook page. Most members have large Carthagos.

IandJ

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
Funster No
Joined for a year when we first got ours, but will not bother to renew. They do quiet a few meets & rallies, which tend to include coach trips, meals etc. Not my thing. Not much info on the website in members area, seem quiet active on Facebook if that’s your thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
My gender and age unlikely

Depends what you're looking for.
Carthago Owners = 2 meets a year (3 this year) + active Facebook page. Most members have large Carthagos.

So do I need to be a certain Gender, age and length? :D
Our new van is only 7.4m and a coachbuilt, couldn't swallow the dosh vs layout on the A class. Sorry I meant "Non Integrated Vs Integrated".
Genuine thanks for the feedback.
Cheers

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I believe there are a few on here who are members of Carthago Owners UK, including me.

They do a 3 monthly Dealer review from feedback received from members which appears on the website with other useful Carthago specific information. The closed Facebook page is very active. Subs are collected yearly for the period Jan to Dec.

There are a few members who have recently bought the Malibu T or I versions.

Certainly worth it to join IMV,

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
When you spend a small??? fortune on a motorhome £10 to join the owners club is peanuts.
We are members of Carthago Owners and it's well worth the tenner just for the info and banter on FB.
We don't 'do' rallies (well only one so far) but if you do there are a few to attend including a European one each year.
Lots of info on the website including the dealer reviews mentioned above.

Richard.

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
When you spend a small??? fortune on a motorhome £10 to join the owners club is peanuts.
We are members of Carthago Owners and it's well worth the tenner just for the info and banter on FB.
We don't 'do' rallies (well only one so far) but if you do there are a few to attend including a European one each year.
Lots of info on the website including the dealer reviews mentioned above.

Richard.

It's not the money, it's a "Club". Some are great and some are "interesting". However I am now convinced and will join, we don't do rallies either but will give one a go.
Thanks again all.
Vans

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
And what about a proactive Club specifically for us Hymerites. Although MF does a good job.

Jul 4, 2016
sidcup
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c line 5.0
Exp
a few years
we are members of Carthago Owners club. The info on the facebook page is good with tips and advice, however we haven't done any rallies and we are not yet of a certain age or retired....

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We joined the Carthago Owners Club before we took delivery of our C Tourer, not into FB, but joined, soon bailed out of FB as I didnt know how to set filters so only the " COC closed Group" could see us.
We went to the Malvern show with them, only because the Fun Members allocation was fully booked.
Interesting result, very cliquey group in my opinion, reserved spot cones were placed, while we were directed to park under a sap leaking tree with no sun for the solar panels, not enough space to roll out our awning even.
After the first day under the tree, and seeing no one had arrived to take the coned off "reserved" spots, I tried to find the host marshalls, not there, so moved our van onto the "Reserved" spot. Within moments the "host Marshalls" appeared, with a smile and said "Oh you have moved" to which I replied yes, we need the sun, and dont need tree sap all over our new van, thank you!.
They said thats OK, "were off home tomorrow", "family commitments and all that". Well they didnt even say goodbye, but they did give us a little plack to place in the window with our names on....sweet eh?
Yes our van was the newest but cheapest model there, we did speak to a few nice, very affable couples, one of which was a Fun Member:D He was welsh, but I soon forgave him for that:).
Will I renew next year?, dont think so, too few meets, very cliquey, and I have learnt more on Fun, given more advice, made more friends than I would ever make or learn from COC.
End of story.
Les

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Part 2 Continued, as @Clarky has suggested its only a tener per year, the dealer reviews might be useful also.(they are well in with Camper UK)
They dont do "Rallies" old chap, they have "Gatherings" slight difference.... not! they dont slurp their soup either:D
I would say try it and see how you fair,wear your public school tie maybe(y) then come on a Fun Rally and feel the difference(y):LOL:
I say all this in jest of course, because by the time they read this I will defo be black balled:whistle:
Les

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We also joined the the club we have never been to a gathering :D2 before but we do use the facebook page its worth a tenner for the info and help you get.

Quite a few members are on fun aswell we should set up a group page on fun

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks again for the feedback, I have managed to squeeze another tenner out of my battered wallet and have joined. So far so good...
I did wonder if enough Malibu vans had been sold / ordered to have a sub section on here as they are different.
Cheers

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Clubs will tend to be cliquey, that's the very nature of them.
The level of cliqueyness (if that's a word) will tend to increase in inverse proportion to the size of the club.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back