Anyone got a MLT ? I have a couple of questions (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Hi.
I have a 2018 MLT 570 (60th Anniversary Edition)
It was used as the dealers demonstration model through 2018 and 2019 and went to every trade show in the country, hence although we are the first owners (buying it in December 2019) it came with 5,500 miles on the clock.

There are a few oddities about the spec, as I think the dealer had items either removed or not fitted as they got in the way of showing off the vehicle to loads of people, for example, we had the TV and the satellite dish but nothing in-between, the TV did not actually work, as it was purely for show.

The Shower:
How do you hold moving wall, when open, in place ?
Is there supposed to be some sort of catch ?
(At the moment we trap it in the sliding door, but it means you need hands to stop it swinging back.)

Front Curtains:
Were curtains at the front standard ?
We have the rail, but no curtains.
Can anyone supply a link or Hymer part number (or a pattern!)

3rd bed:
Has anyone a photo of how it's supposed to fit together, we have tried all the combinations, none of which really work.

Leisure battery:
How many batteries were standard ?
We have just one, same as the engine battery.

Locker under rear seat (Where Trauma unit lives):
Is this supposed to be screwed down ?
(I unscrewed it and found the seat belts!)
If unscrewed then it does not have any catches, are there supposed to be catches ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The metal edge down our Swift shower wall stuck to a corresponding magnetic strip ISTR. Clueless about yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi.
I have a 2018 MLT 570 (60th Anniversary Edition)
It was used as the dealers demonstration model through 2018 and 2019 and went to every trade show in the country, hence although we are the first owners (buying it in December 2019) it came with 5,500 miles on the clock.

There are a few oddities about the spec, as I think the dealer had items either removed or not fitted as they got in the way of showing off the vehicle to loads of people, for example, we had the TV and the satellite dish but nothing in-between, the TV did not actually work, as it was purely for show.

The Shower:
How do you hold moving wall, when open, in place ?
Is there supposed to be some sort of catch ?
(At the moment we trap it in the sliding door, but it means you need hands to stop it swinging back.)

Front Curtains:
Were curtains at the front standard ?
We have the rail, but no curtains.
Can anyone supply a link or Hymer part number (or a pattern!)

3rd bed:
Has anyone a photo of how it's supposed to fit together, we have tried all the combinations, none of which really work.

Leisure battery:
How many batteries were standard ?
We have just one, same as the engine battery.

Locker under rear seat (Where Trauma unit lives):
Is this supposed to be screwed down ?
(I unscrewed it and found the seat belts!)
If unscrewed then it does not have any catches, are there supposed to be catches ?
You may need to locate the 2018 order brochure, I think you will find the vehicles are supplied with a single leisure battery and there is a cost option for a second .

Just edited to say Oh Wow, just found the 2018 Brochure apparently the MLT can have an additional two Leisure batteries. You may need to contact Hymer for the actual 60th package though but hope this helps

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a DL but I can answer some of your Questions.

First the TV, assuming it has power you will have to find what they have done with the sat installation but to get a terrestrial signal the aerial amplifier needs power you need to enable Antenna Power in the TV settings, most UK Hymer Dealers are crap and don't even know the aerial does TV as well.

Hymer stopped fitting curtains on the drop down bed on all but the top models a few years ago our DL hasn't got any neither did our previous Exsis.

One battery is standard.

The seat base above the Truma should be screwed down with 2 screws, someone had just tucked the seat belts out of the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-T 570
Exp
Since 2016
We have the same model and ours only had one leisure battery, I fitted a second one.

The sliding door holds the shower screen in place.

The front curtains were not supplied in ours.

The 3rd bed was shown to us but dont think I could remember how to do it and from memory was really small.

Hope that helps, we love ours.

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
The front curtain is not supplied if the Remis stores are fitted at the factory. Otherwise there should be curtains. There is an option for a thicker curtain for insulation. This is the standard curtain:

hy19_mlt_580_noc_cri_i_vorhang.jpg

2 other things worth knowing just in case:
  • There is a B2B charger fitted standard on the current models, it is affixed at the top of the battery compartment. Not sure if the 2018 models have one, I think so, to be checked before buying one.
  • The water tanks are under the MH. The rear-most one is a bit low, requires care when driving over speed bumps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back