Anyone going on the tunnel sunday morning 20/Sept crossing 6.20am (1 Viewer)

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
hi everyone

so is anyone on that crossing, we're heading for Roses, Spain, if so what route are you taking and why?

I'm headed Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Orleans, Souillac, anyone have any other options avoiding Paris of course

Has anyone stayed on the aire at Souillac or can recommend a stop over well down that route bearing in mind i'm wanting to get as far as possible on the first day, fuel stops as well please if anyone know of any without travelling way off the route

thanks and stay safe

Al

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I think the aire at Souillac is a campingcar park now so you will have to buy the card 4€ plus aire fee. If it's on your route you could try Uzerche free Aire nice village just off N20 enjoy your travels.

thats great info thank you

its also an hour north as well so not quite as long a drive for me

cheers

Al (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We stayed at the aire in Souillac quite recently.
The barrier had been removed, so all facilities were free (I guess I could have paid regardless).

It's a long drive from Calais, particularly if avoiding tolls. Doable but a fair old slog...

Another couple of options further North, both are only 10-15min off the A20

About seven hours from Calais
<Broken link removed>

An hour further on
<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
thats more good info

thanks again its given me some more options which i'm grateful for

the comments regards Souillac aire having no barrier are good ;)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
For fuel stops, I just open up google maps on my phone and put in my location (I have it set to use my location anyway) and then in the search box type fuel. It will then show all the stations in that area of map on screen. You can then select a suitable off autoroute one and start directions just on your phone to get you there.
I know that sat navs have a ‘show fuel stations’ setting but I find the image pops up too late on the screen and if on an autoroute or duel carriageway often you go past saying “oh there it is down there” as you sail past.
Have a great trip. Stay safe

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
For fuel stops, I just open up google maps on my phone and put in my location (I have it set to use my location anyway) and then in the search box type fuel. It will then show all the stations in that area of map on screen. You can then select a suitable off autoroute one and start directions just on your phone to get you there.
I know that sat navs have a ‘show fuel stations’ setting but I find the image pops up too late on the screen and if on an autoroute or duel carriageway often you go past saying “oh there it is down there” as you sail past.
Have a great trip. Stay safe

I agree

we've a Garmin 770 Camper which shows fuel stops and we are past them before i realise lol

this motorhoming lark isn't all straight forward is it :giggle:

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
hi everyone

so is anyone on that crossing, we're heading for Roses, Spain, if so what route are you taking and why?

I'm headed Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Orleans, Souillac, anyone have any other options avoiding Paris of course

Has anyone stayed on the aire at Souillac or can recommend a stop over well down that route bearing in mind i'm wanting to get as far as possible on the first day, fuel stops as well please if anyone know of any without travelling way off the route

thanks and stay safe

Al
Love camping Salata in Rose's.enjoy

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Love camping Salata in Rose's.enjoy

We actually prefer Rodas across the road, lovely site and proper tarmac roads rather than dusty ones, unless its changed recently. When its breezy Salata can be a bit of a nightmare we found.

Both in great locations though aren't they (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back