Anyone from Birmingham (1 Viewer)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I must admit that, if I lived in Birmingham, I would try to escape - if only to find a better football team :ROFLMAO:
Janine, what is wrong with my beloved Aston Villa,:giggle: or do you mean the other lot down the road,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Grief Janine - how on earth do you come to be a Baggies fan?

Girl I was at senior school with and sat next to for the start of every schoolday went out with Jeff Astle, she thought she was wonderful but got dumped (for someone with a brain I should think); another girl a year below me, married Asa Hertford.

I have no actual connection with them other than the fact I was born and lived in West Brom and of course went up to the Town Hall in my new blue and white dress to see them bring the FA cup home! (1960 when? 3? 4? 5?)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Many Funsters I have met over the years claim to have been born in Birmingham, but now live here, there and everywhere......this I might say applies to me, born, raised, schooled and trained in Brum, then I left for the more rural, greener part of the UK to enjoy a different life......and now retired to the sun and sangria of Spain.
So to answer the original posting....."Sorry, wasn't me, I'm on LOCKDOWN"

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Grief Janine - how on earth do you come to be a Baggies fan?

Girl I was at senior school with and sat next to for the start of every schoolday went out with Jeff Astle, she thought she was wonderful but got dumped (for someone with a brain I should think); another girl a year below me, married Asa Hertford.

I have no actual connection with them other than the fact I was born and lived in West Brom and of course went up to the Town Hall in my new blue and white dress to see them bring the FA cup home! (1960 when? 3? 4? 5?)

I was born 4 miles from the Hawthorns, as was most of my family. I can trace my ancestors to that area back to the 15th century :)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I was born 4 miles from the Hawthorns, as was most of my family. I can trace my ancestors to that area back to the 15th century :)
My Dad was a West Brom born lad and played for their youth and reserves before National Service. After returning from extended National Service to earn a "decent" wage to suppoort his family (his own father died when he was very young and step Dad was crippled and ended his days in a wheel chair not long after). He had 7 sisters and a younger brother, as well as a couple more that died in infancy along with another "brother" that was actually his nephew but his sister was left pregnant and jilted at the alter so the family sort of hid the fact...... oh, and his step Dad had 4 children too! Unfortunately at a charity match he ripped his knee cap clean off as he twisted for a volley at goal and never played pro or semi-pro again...... The Strangest thing to the family was that he ended up meeting and marrying my Mum - a die hard Wolves fan! At the time this was unbelievable!

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Am I correct in thinking that Birmingham is the wastelands between Watford & the Watford gap? ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well we lived about 2.5 miles away from the Hawthorns - 4m radius takes in the whole of West Brom, Hamstead, a lot of Gt Barr, Handsworth Wood at least, plus some of Handsworth, possibly Winson Green and part of flippin 'Smerrick' !

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well we lived about 2.5 miles away from the Hawthorns - 4m radius takes in the whole of West Brom, Hamstead, a lot of Gt Barr, Handsworth Wood at least, plus some of Handsworth, possibly Winson Green and part of flippin 'Smerrick' !
Sorry don't understand your comment.

You asked why I am a West Brom supporter. It is because my family come from that area and my Grandad used to take me to the games when I was young.

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
I am proud to be a Brummie.
Since the decline of manufacturing industry its actually become quite a nice place to live..
The City of Birmingham has spawned loads of famous people.. Architects, Politicians, Inventors, Sportsmen, Actors, Comedians, musicians etc.. the list goes on.
People take the P*SS out of our funny accent but we are not all thickos..

maybe with the exception of the below gentleman..

330px-OzzyChangingHands02-20-2010new.jpg

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I still wouldn't choose to live in a backhouse or down eg Lozells, Handsworth, Small Heath, Alum Rock or Sparkhill, though ….. let alone in Margaret St in West Bromwich where I came from!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back