Anyone fancy another toilet thread!? Here's one then 😊🚽 (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Went to empty the toilet and the blade wasn't closing, just a plastic arm flapping about. Anyway I managed to empty it ok as the plastic door shut when I pulled the cassette out.
I found an arc shaped piece of black plastic still in the tank that acts like a guide to the mechanism, was held on by 3 screws but the posts they go into were sheared of. Anyway I've glued it back on with Gorilla super glue gel so I'll see how long that lasts.

tmp-cam-1660429805050798686.jpg

While it's in bits I've been cleaning it, can anyone tell me how the float 'switch' works? There are no wires, no magnets and nothing near it 🤔
tmp-cam-3447530720623846675.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We had the same problem with ours

Our dealer supplied us with the removable lid / slider. Would have thought you could buy the same online

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Had exactly the same thing happen end of last week. Common fault?
Maybe they are over tightened during manufacturer?
Now waiting for a refresh kit, as decided the replacement mechanism at £45- £55 was ott for the price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
If you look closely at the float there is a small bar magnet on the float end (not by pivot), which works via the small circuit board in the rear of the enclosure

OP
OP
Richard n Ann
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If you look closely at the float there is a small bar magnet on the float end (not by pivot), which works via the small circuit board in the rear of the enclosure
Cant see it, might have dropped off, but there's no circuit board I can see 🧐

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Had exactly the same thing happen end of last week. Common fault?
Maybe they are over tightened during manufacturer?
Now waiting for a refresh kit, as decided the replacement mechanism at £45- £55 was ott for the price.
You usually get a shiny new Seat and cover too?. The "moon Shaped" Section is meant to hold the Blade against the seal when closed. If it get too "dirty" the detritus strains the Fixings, and they Snap after a few years, (As I too found out) Regular cleaning (rotating the loo brush in the opening helps) and lubricate seal with a smear of olive oil, helps too.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
You usually get a shiny new Seat and cover too?. The "moon Shaped" Section is meant to hold the Blade against the seal when closed. If it get too "dirty" the detritus strains the Fixings, and they Snap after a few years, (As I too found out) Regular cleaning (rotating the loo brush in the opening helps) and lubricate seal with a smear of olive oil, helps too.
Yes, new loo seat and cover. Ours had some scratches on and thought for price ( £85) may as well 'refresh'.
Understand what you say abt cleaning, which we do on a regular basis. But having had caravans and motorhomes for circa 20 years this is the first one weve ever had any issues with.

OP
OP
Richard n Ann
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yes, new loo seat and cover. Ours had some scratches on and thought for price ( £85) may as well 'refresh'.
Understand what you say abt cleaning, which we do on a regular basis. But having had caravans and motorhomes for circa 20 years this is the first one weve ever had any issues with.
We have noticed the lever has got stiffer recently. Maybe vaseline on the slider would help, would get washed off after a while though 🤔

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
When ours was failing, I tried many "potions". The recommended (Olive Oil), Mr Sheene and Lithium Grease where but some. In the end I stripped the mechanism and rebuilt it with a trace of of some assembly "grease" for PTFE fittings. That lasted then the seal round the vent button threw a leak so I bit the bullet for a New cassette refresh kit. I have the old one I may refurb; it and keep it as a spare, could be useful if playing FLT`s.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Ours got stiff and very difficult to operate (apparently) so striped and rebuilt it and gave it a good spray with silicone spray lube. Made it much much easier to move and quieter. It made it so easy that when the previous amount of force required was applied it then broke it 🤬🤬. So rebuilt it again 🙄

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I have replaced two in the last ten years. Poorly designed lugs for the blade mechanism to screw to not enough radius where it joins on to the main body. I think it all depends how hard one slides the lever to operate if you repeatedly slam it across it eventually snaps the lugs off. It is generally easier to open the trap door whilst standing rather than sitting. they open easier that way, no distortion in the plastics.

OP
OP
Richard n Ann
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Has anybody ever had face their face splashed while opening or closing the blade with the lid up?🤣 you only do that once 🤢😁

OP
OP
Richard n Ann
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
All reassembled and working, put vasilene on the slider it's super smooth now.

The Gorilla super glue gel is amazing, never failed me yet 👌

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We broke ours in the same place last week while away so bought a new cassette going to fix the older one and keep as a spare

OP
OP
Richard n Ann
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun