LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
So I'm going, I've had enough.... I simply have to go.

But where? a lot of the campsites seem to be wanting weekly Saturday to Saturday bookings? I only have 10 days which is nothing new for me. I just fancy something a little different.

I'm a skier, Mrs H is a tourist... we have a big dog and a big van...

Been skiing in the Motorhome for nearly 20 years, sell me somewhere.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
So I'm going, I've had enough.... I simply have to go.

But where? a lot of the campsites seem to be wanting weekly Saturday to Saturday bookings? I only have 10 days which is nothing new for me. I just fancy something a little different.

I'm a skier, Mrs H is a tourist... we have a big dog and a big van...

Been skiing in the Motorhome for nearly 20 years, sell me somewhere.
Fiss, Serfaus, Ladis ski area absolutely fantastic, has been my second home since childhood, it’s amazing all year around, Google it and you tube it and have a look for yourself, you will not regret it, 11 hairpin bends, up from 800 meters to 1400 meters, 3 villages positioned on a sunny plateau, no through road, I have yet to find a more beautiful place …..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
We were in Obertauern week before last (although not in our van) there were quite a lot of vans in the car park opposite the apartment that were staying there for several days at least. Hubby and our adult kids ski, whilst myself and the dog went walking. It was a good place for skiers and non skiers alike and I was able to get passes for the cable cars too for none skiiers. We also like Obergurgl too, that is good for us all!

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I recommend Chamix, great skiing with an aire at Argentiere by the ski lift
problem with aires is I have a big van, I need to make sure I can get in hence why I like to book. SPent 10 years plus getting in to aires with the kids and packed in like sardines getting their ski boots on in a van the size of a mini..
time for luxury now... or bookable aires.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
The Arosa valley in northern Switzerland looks really nice, I've not been but it's on my list. A straight run down through Germany so no tolls. This campsite looks good, literally next to the chairlift 😊

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago

Any good Paul, Samoens​

Welcome to Camping Caravaneige Le Giffre***​

<Broken link removed>

dsc_01-294_200x2848.jpg
Zoom
Open all year round, located on the edge of the Giffre and the Lacs aux Dames, 700 meters from the village and its shops, in the heart of the leisure centre, our campsite has 196 flat and grassy pitches, on a site of 6.9 hectares.

A dynamic and smiling team will welcome you and will be at your disposal for any information. You will spend your holidays, in a magical setting, and a complete change of scenery.

The entire Reception, Maintenance and Animation team are pleased to welcome you to the campsite. A telephone service is provided until 8:00 p.m.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Fiss, Serfaus, Ladis ski area absolutely fantastic, has been my second home since childhood, it’s amazing all year around, Google it and you tube it and have a look for yourself, you will not regret it, 11 hairpin bends, up from 800 meters to 1400 meters, 3 villages positioned on a sunny plateau, no through road, I have yet to find a more beautiful place …..
Looks interesting.

Can it be reached without tolls ?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
The Arosa valley in northern Switzerland looks really nice, I've not been but it's on my list. A straight run down through Germany so no tolls. This campsite looks good, literally next to the chairlift 😊
thanks, trying ot avoid Switzerland due to the covid issues,
Solden Australia good site right on ski run.

Ha ha, tried Solden Austria once, not sure how we would get on with the Australia version.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

Any good Paul, Samoens​

Welcome to Camping Caravaneige Le Giffre***​

<Broken link removed>

dsc_01-294_200x2848.jpg
Zoom
Open all year round, located on the edge of the Giffre and the Lacs aux Dames, 700 meters from the village and its shops, in the heart of the leisure centre, our campsite has 196 flat and grassy pitches, on a site of 6.9 hectares.

A dynamic and smiling team will welcome you and will be at your disposal for any information. You will spend your holidays, in a magical setting, and a complete change of scenery.

The entire Reception, Maintenance and Animation team are pleased to welcome you to the campsite. A telephone service is provided until 8:00 p.m.
have you been here? I've had a look at here before.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Is covid different in Switzerland to Austria?
Not the illness I'm sure... but the regulations currently are, They won't let you drive through without a test etc etc. If they did I would go to the Eutopia that is Livigno.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
have you been here? I've had a look at here before.
Yes, nice site but does get booked up, not far from town and lifts, ice skating rink and hockey, tourist info ect.. swimming pool nearby.
Aire parking next to ice rink except Weds i think because of market.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Not the illness I'm sure... but the regulations currently are, They won't let you drive through without a test etc etc. If they did I would go to the Eutopia that is Livigno.
Switzerland are dropping the requirement for an entry test from Saturday

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hoping to book our regular campsite at Easter for Les Deux Alpes. Camping Champ du Moulin in Venosc. We have really missed it. Cracking site.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
went the other week, nice and quiet out there although the weather was crap, probably why we were almost the only muppets out there. Need another session, or to be honest lesson really and now there’s decent snow at 1200m (30mins away) I’ll get something booked.

Conditions are generally very good and weather has been better the last week or so, most of my cycling buddies have been several times this last week as they are all Skimo boys and they keep sending me some stunning pics from high altitude outings

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Not too busy, most of the motor homes are down at the lake end, but loads of free pitches. About 1km into the centre of town along a tree lined avenue. Site is 200m from the lift to Samoens 1600.

Attachments

• 1C4C6324-A69C-4CAE-BC65-7BBBE3CA3333.jpeg
    1C4C6324-A69C-4CAE-BC65-7BBBE3CA3333.jpeg
    793.4 KB · Views: 20
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
And there used to be a very good pattiserie/baker close to the site on the way to the lift!

This was the first skiing campsite we went to in 2016. Also had a ski locker room and the showers were good.

Some good sites in the Val Cenis valley. You could always take a day trip to bonneval sur arc which is essentially the 'backside' of Val d'isere all onbthe Igloo skills pass!

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Not too busy, most of the motor homes are down at the lake end, but loads of free pitches. About 1km into the centre of town along a tree lined avenue. Site is 200m from the lift to Samoens 1600.

And there used to be a very good pattiserie/baker close to the site on the way to the lift!

This was the first skiing campsite we went to in 2016. Also had a ski locker room and the showers were good.

Some good sites in the Val Cenis valley. You could always take a day trip to bonneval sur arc which is essentially the 'backside' of Val d'isere all onbthe Igloo skills pass!

Thanks guys, having skied much of Europe this has always been on my list but I cant think of why we never visited.

Can I ask, what's the town like? is it the actual resort or is the resort only accessible via a ski lift? My wife won't do cable cars, we don't mind a good walk... although she's just asked if there's a bus ha ha.
@garatt I'm trying to see if they have availability but there site keeps crashing. I want to go the first two weeks in March. Do they only book Saturday to Saturday?

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
The resort is really the town, and you go up to the ski area via the cable car so you have to walk into town from the site. Up at the ski area there are bars, restaurants and a Club Med hotel but all the blues reds and blacks need a chairlifts ride further up the mountain. Morillon further along the valley is a typical ski village.
I didn’t book, just turned up on a Thursday and there wasn’t a problem. I’d guess you can just turn up in March, as it’ll be out of the school holidays. I don’t believe that you have to book whole weeks except maybe in February peak season.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
My only thought about booking, which we did, was you could ask for a hardstanding pitch.

It could have change but not all the pitches were hardstanding. If my memory serves me correct there were more hard standing pitches closer to the lake.

haganap not sure if you have skied in Les Sybelle ski area it is very extensive and not too well know by UK skiers.

We stayed in the campsite below. A bus did connect the resort to the site, but if you like walking there would be no issues. My knees are shot so walking is a pain!

<Broken link removed>

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
went the other week, nice and quiet out there although the weather was crap, probably why we were almost the only muppets out there. Need another session, or to be honest lesson really and now there’s decent snow at 1200m (30mins away) I’ll get something booked.

Conditions are generally very good and weather has been better the last week or so, most of my cycling buddies have been several times this last week as they are all Skimo boys and they keep sending me some stunning pics from high altitude outings
My brother in law lives near Lausanne and I went out last week for a few days, glorious sunny skiing at Leysin and Villars. I'm back out in Feb for another week, got to get some use from my MagicPass ! Can't wait 😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back