Any Mirage 6000U ‘New Life‘ owners out there? (1 Viewer)

May 9, 2014
Deb’n
Funster No
MH
Fiat Mirage 6000U
Exp
Bought a Mirage 600U (rear lounge model) last year after nearly a 2 year search for one. Very pleased and impressed with it, but have come to realise they are a bit of a rare beast. I’ve spoken to one other owner ‘Goden’, who we have swopped questions, tips and ideas with, but have a few more questions.
So, if there are anymore of you out there, please get in touch, as there’s a Red light above the Habitation door that we both have no idea what it’s for and it’s driving me bonkers!
thanks.

Aug 29, 2019
Somerset, near Wincanton
Funster No
MH
Mirage 5000 A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We have the 5000. As I understand it the 6000 is slightly longer on a Mercedes chassis. The only one we saw was a rear bathroom version just after we saw ours.

Colly27

Free Member
Apr 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Mirage 6000
We have a 6000 with end bedroom, based in North Northants

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Darbyallen
May 9, 2014
Deb’n
Funster No
MH
Fiat Mirage 6000U
Exp
Hi,
Good to hear from you. When we were looking for our first Motorhome we looked at a few Mirage 6000’s, but don’t think I ever saw one with a rear bedroom, as they were all rear bathrooms, so sounds quite rare?
Ended up buying a Mirage 5000 as it was a bit shorter for a first try at Motor homing.

OP
OP
Darbyallen
May 9, 2014
Deb’n
Funster No
MH
Fiat Mirage 6000U
Exp
We have the 5000. As I understand it the 6000 is slightly longer on a Mercedes chassis. The only one we saw was a rear bathroom version just after we saw ours.
Hi, I read and replied to your post when you sent it, but just noticed my reply isn’t showing in the thread, where as my reply to Colly27 is? So just wondering if you received it and if not, apologies if you thought I was being rude!

Aug 29, 2019
Somerset, near Wincanton
Funster No
MH
Mirage 5000 A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hi, I read and replied to your post when you sent it, but just noticed my reply isn’t showing in the thread, where as my reply to Colly27 is? So just wondering if you received it and if not, apologies if you thought I was being rude!
No worries, how are you finding the 5000, we absolutely love ours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Darbyallen
May 9, 2014
Deb’n
Funster No
MH
Fiat Mirage 6000U
Exp
Hi again. Obviously it didn’t send? Apologies again for that, I’ll try to remember what I said?
First Motorhome we bought was a T Reg Mirage 5000 and absolutely loved it. We had some fantastic trips away in Europe and had it for about 11 years. Had some serious on the job learning, as never had a MH before, it had absolutely no paperwork, manuals or instructions for anything. So if you have any questions just ask, I’ve probably worked on, tinkered with or mended most things on it!
We started looking for something with a rear lounge/extra bed, as we’d acquired several Grandchildren in that period and wanted to take them away. Also found the longer our trips got, it would be nice to have separate areas. Saw an article on the Mirage 6000U ‘New Life’ and then spent nearly 2 years looking for one for sale. While on our last trip in the 5000 to Italy, 2 became available.
Came home, saw it next day and bought it. We got what we paid for the 5000 and all we’d spent on it back in part-ex which was great. Had it 18 months and so far only managed 7 nights away in it and about 300 miles! Let’s hope this year brings better travel news and maybe park up next to each other sometime.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back