Another One Goes! (1 Viewer)

Aug 2, 2019
Hapton, Burnley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2007
Found Cemaes Harbour town, Anglesey, on Searchforsites £2 to park all day £15 for the night - no services but we have facilities. Initially paid the £2 but, as this town was so beautiful, we decided to stay the night. We noticed a van - not official - with 2 men pull into the car park about 6pm. Who started putting notices up. When we took the dogs for a walk we discovered that they had put ‘STRICTLY NO OVERNIGHT PARKING’. The daily charge for cars remained at £2 but for ‘ALL OTHER VEHICLES £10’.
I don’t think they like Motorhomes! The car park is empty at 9pm other than ourselves and another Campervan - also paid £15. We have spent around £45 in this town including the parking charge. If the other Campervan spent similar the town received £90.
I believe that people who are so lucky to live in such a beautiful setting must be prepared to share it.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Found Cemaes Harbour town, Anglesey, on Searchforsites £2 to park all day £15 for the night - no services but we have facilities. Initially paid the £2 but, as this town was so beautiful, we decided to stay the night. We noticed a van - not official - with 2 men pull into the car park about 6pm. Who started putting notices up. When we took the dogs for a walk we discovered that they had put ‘STRICTLY NO OVERNIGHT PARKING’. The daily charge for cars remained at £2 but for ‘ALL OTHER VEHICLES £10’.
I don’t think they like Motorhomes! The car park is empty at 9pm other than ourselves and another Campervan - also paid £15. We have spent around £45 in this town including the parking charge. If the other Campervan spent similar the town received £90.
I believe that people who are so lucky to live in such a beautiful setting must be prepared to share it.
I bet it’s a try on, with no powers to enforce as they will have not obtained the correct regs.

OP
OP
kimndon
Aug 2, 2019
Hapton, Burnley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2007
Yes. I agree. I will speak to the lady at the kiosk tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Never been there so can’t comment on the legality of the signs but would make two observations.
1. The difference between the OPs description of the car park and the latest review on SfS are startlingly different and that may explain the decision to erect signs.
2. the people who live there probably are prepared to share it, just want some control over how the place is used. There are a number of sites in the area.

just saying….

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back