BobRivers
Feb 21, 2021
Falkirk Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 2021
BobRivers Thanks very much for your detailed reply, really appreciate it. Which dealer did you get yours from? Thanks for the heads up about the grey waste. Is that a European thing/ok for driverovers?
Ive watched the MM review video far too many times, and what you said about the seats being narrow. I think the curtain thing looks genius for making a changing area out the shower as found on the tline 590 the bathroom was too small to change in and the kitchen required closing all the blinds. I’m more than happy with 2 burners and wondering why people really need 3 in a MH! Good to hear about parking, we found 6m was doable down in Cornwall parking down the beach etc and wondered if the extra 20cm was going to be too much. Had thought we would like the chausson x550 but didn’t.
is the toilet a sensible height or are your feet dangling? We’re going to try and see one of the 650 pilote ranges as I think ignoring the layout they have the same swing bathroom design to try the toilet height until someone gets on back in to view.
Hi Thinkingabout

We are just back from a few nights away. Wifi was very poor. We purchased ours from Dicksons of Perth, Chris who we dealt with has been fine and dealt with any queries professionally. The grey waste was just my choice it all works well and is fine for drive overs. I just didn't want to be keeling on the ground to release the valve. The privacy curtain works great for drying off without having to close any blinds and tucks away great. There was a 590 onsite when we purchased our 626 I asked for a look inside but in my opinion I did not think the quality was as good as the Pilote. The burners are fine but it is tight if you have the kettle and a frying pan on. In a perfect world I wish they were just slightly larger. The toilet is fine and very easy to operate/flush. Emptying is even easier again there's not huge space but it's a compact van. The biggest plus for us is the size and comfort of the bed I just don't like walking into a van and seeing the beds in open view. (personal choice) If your local to us your welcome to come over and look at our van.

Learning from this forum I don't think any of us make the correct choice first time or even second time. Go get one and just enjoy clocking up the miles. WE LOVE IT............

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
BobRivers never apologise for real life getting in the way! Thanks again for the reply. I would genuinely take you up on the offer to meet up, if it were not that Dickens of Perth is about 7hours from us. If you are ever on holiday in the van more south of Manchester or Wales or the south west please let me know and we’ll come and find you. Just been told one dealer won’t have one into view until April next year and the other dealer says I have to order for 2023 without viewing one! Or if you know of any other 626 owners down south that would be happy if we met them somewhere “safe” like a dealership or service station and I would pay for their petrol so they weren’t out of pocket. I don’t need to look in cupboards/drawers etc, it’s just to sus out the boot space for my electric wheelchai/scooter, and see how much room there is to move in the bathroom and if I can sit comfortable on the sofas/front seats.

I really feel like this should be the one for us. I am trying to see a 650 if the bathroom pods are the same, thats what I need to see, the room to move in the bathroom with the tamba door shut. Could I be really cheeky and ask next time you’re out in the van if you Could measure how high the toilet is from the floor?? That was the only thing about the 590 which was a complete no and read someone else sold theirs for the same reason after 2 trips.

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
BobRivers do you know of any other P626 owners? Really struggling to see one and the one place that had a demo coming in isn’t until next year now and places seem to be taking orders for October now and 2023. We’re in a position to get one, just need to see one to reserve one!

OP
OP
BobRivers
Feb 21, 2021
Falkirk Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 2021
BobRivers do you know of any other P626 owners? Really struggling to see one and the one place that had a demo coming in isn’t until next year now and places seem to be taking orders for October now and 2023. We’re in a position to get one, just need to see one to reserve one!
Hi I only know one other van in Scotland at present but they live even further north than us. There is a good forum on facebook with members down south who have recently purchased a 626D. Might be worth joining and advising on your situation regarding purchase. Its the Pilote Motorhome forum.

I'm just back from Aberdeen visiting the Love Touring Expo, there was no Pilotes on show and too be honest what they had was very limited. What I did find strange was that vans that the public were trailing in and out of all day had already been sold, not sure I would be to happy if I had just spent 60K and people were in and out of the motorhome over 4 days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
BobRivers thanks very much!

yes the ones that were apparently sold were sitting in the dealer for 6 weeks for viewing, I don’t understand that part, it’s either yours to collect or not, or leave to be looked around for a discount!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back