Another Ducato Recall (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Just for info Ducato Recall effects chassis made between April 2019 and Jan 2020

This is a pic from another site of the affected part easily checked by yourself.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-01 at 11.01.50.jpeg

D

Deleted member 80117

Deleted User
Not sure it's that simple. I was turned down by one dealer today as he had 3 month backlog. Next dealer said could look at it in two weeks and if it needed replacing would have to make a claim to Italy who would send by road- currently 10 days. If it needs replacing they would advise me not to drive it. Went with them.
I took this up with Fiat Customer services who confirmed this and when I said why don't they ship a stock here for distribution as needed and the guy said 'good point we have passed that on the management already'.
I only bought my van new in August last year and have holidays booked for May.
Apparently if the recall stops you using the vehicle (ie is safety related) then you can claim against the selling dealer under the Sale of Goods Act according to Money Expert.
Frankly I've already had enough problems - including a faulty rear view monitor that took 6 months to replace.

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure it's that simple. I was turned down by one dealer today as he had 3 month backlog. Next dealer said could look at it in two weeks and if it needed replacing would have to make a claim to Italy who would send by road- currently 10 days. If it needs replacing they would advise me not to drive it. Went with them.
I took this up with Fiat Customer services who confirmed this and when I said why don't they ship a stock here for distribution as needed and the guy said 'good point we have passed that on the management already'.
I only bought my van new in August last year and have holidays booked for May.
Apparently if the recall stops you using the vehicle (ie is safety related) then you can claim against the selling dealer under the Sale of Goods Act according to Money Expert.
Frankly I've already had enough problems - including a faulty rear view monitor that took 6 months to replace.

Told me 7 days and not to use it, I am not using it anyway so no great loss but can imagine it would be a right pain if it were a work vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Just for info Ducato Recall effects chassis made between April 2019 and Jan 2020

This is a pic from another site of the affected part easily checked by yourself.

View attachment 470988
What is it that needs checked? Is it just a wrong label or wrong part?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back