Anecdotal Evidence Please. Passenger Location Form for Spain. How long before departure date. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

As per the title, I'm seeking information as to how long a period before the date of departure
was the PLF SpTH was filled out..

As previously reported on here, I tried to fill out the Form in October. I completed the first part that is used
to identify me specifically but, in response, I received a message stating that I had received an Email
from the authorities in Spain. I didn't receive anything.

So, can we have an auction type response. Who can beat the previous Funsters answer to that?

In other words, if someone posts say two days, has anyone on here got the Form done three days before
the departure date. And so on.

This is not a frivolous request. I have no wish or desire to have problems in filling out the Form
with resultant complications.

Thank you in advance.

with

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
We are just back from Spain, flew over for a week on the Costa Del Sol. 48hrs was the time before you departed that you could complete the SPTH form. Same on the way back with the gov one. đź‘Ť

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Yep, I've started mine today ready for Saturday, you can fill in some details in advance but the remainder is a maximum of 48hours before your arrival day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Why would you deliberately try to be non-compliant with the requirements? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re asking?

It must be completed within 48hrs of arrival (not UK departure).

We completed ours at our lunch stop en-route to the ferry.

Ian

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Why would you deliberately try to be non-compliant with the requirements? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re asking?

It must be completed within 48hrs of arrival (not UK departure).

We completed ours at our lunch stop en-route to the ferry.

Ian

I'm not being confrontational but if, as you say, the Form has to be completed within 48hrs of our ARRIVAL in Spain, I could point out that the journey to Spain from our port of departure takes 32hrs.
This leaves 16hrs for the whole part of which we will not be at home without the facility of printing anything off.

Are you saying that you filled out a Form but did not have a hard copy or is it a case of the Form being transferred to a Smartphone?

In that case I congratulate you on having the ability to complete such an action but to do so for some of us is a task fraught with doubt.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
There is no way to fill the form in earlier than 48 hours before as the website will not allow you to enter the information. It is not necessary to print anything off, once the information has been completed the website sends you a QR code which must be shown at the immigration or passport desk, this can be shown on your phone. They will also check your Covid vaccination status so you CAN print the PDF version from the NHS Covid pass in advance for that, bearing in mind that the Covid pass QR code print off will only be valid for a month.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
"They will also check your Covid vaccination status so you CAN print the PDF version from the NHS Covid pass in advance for that, bearing in mind that the Covid pass QR code print off will only be valid for a month."

That part is understood and is in hand. Thank you.

It did occur to me, following big twin's comment that the Form has to be filled in and submitted within 48hrs of arrival (his words) I wonder how the passengers onboard the P & O cruise ship Iona manage as it leaves Southampton on the 27th November and arrives in Vigo in Spain on the 30th. Their 48hrs prior to arrival are somewhere at sea and nobody, but nobody uses their mobiles at sea.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I have been advised by Brittany Ferries that it must not be completed more than 48 hours before your scheduled arrival time.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I'm not being confrontational but if, as you say, the Form has to be completed within 48hrs of our ARRIVAL in Spain, I could point out that the journey to Spain from our port of departure takes 32hrs.
This leaves 16hrs for the whole part of which we will not be at home without the facility of printing anything off.

Are you saying that you filled out a Form but did not have a hard copy or is it a case of the Form being transferred to a Smartphone?

In that case I congratulate you on having the ability to complete such an action but to do so for some of us is a task fraught with doubt.

Yes, all done on my phone and shown to immigration on arrival in Spain.

It was because of the 48hr limit that we had to complete the form during lunch stop on our ride down to the ferry.

Ian

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I didn't know that the Covid form QR code was only valid for one month. I don't understand why that would be.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I didn't know that the Covid form QR code was only valid for one month. I don't understand why that would be.
I don't know why but it is. The app generates a new code each time you log into it so it's not a problem if you use it on your phone but could be if you wanted to print it off and take it on a long trip.
Screenshot_20211116-224329.png

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
If you request a paper one posted to you it's valid for 6months. The app generated codes are only valid for 1 month.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I filled mine in then it said whoooa, no more than 48 hours, so I just changed my flight time in the form to fit the criteria, sure only 24 hours out but , done.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
If you request a paper one posted to you it's valid for 6months. The app generated codes are only valid for 1 month.
You can download the "Travel" version from the NHS app anytime and print that.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
You can download the "Travel" version from the NHS app anytime and print that.
Mmm, I have done exactly that today ready for a trip on Saturday and mine is definitely only valid for a month. 🤷

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Greetings All,

As per the title, I'm seeking information as to how long a period before the date of departure
was the PLF SpTH was filled out..

As previously reported on here, I tried to fill out the Form in October. I completed the first part that is used
to identify me specifically but, in response, I received a message stating that I had received an Email
from the authorities in Spain. I didn't receive anything.

So, can we have an auction type response. Who can beat the previous Funsters answer to that?

In other words, if someone posts say two days, has anyone on here got the Form done three days before
the departure date. And so on.

This is not a frivolous request. I have no wish or desire to have problems in filling out the Form
with resultant complications.

Thank you in advance.

with
Luckily we have a small printer on board the motorhome

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Well, they must have changed the software for the Spanish maritime PLF, as back in august I completed mine a full week before departure from Plymouth and got the valid qr code back immediately. ( as posted on another thread back in august!)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well, they must have changed the software for the Spanish maritime PLF, as back in august I completed mine a full week before departure from Plymouth and got the valid qr code back immediately. ( as posted on another thread back in august!)
I'm sure they have because it looks a doddle to do now.
I did a printed version for friends going back to Spain and it was a nightmare.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Mmm, I have done exactly that today ready for a trip on Saturday and mine is definitely only valid for a month. 🤷
But that month is 'rolling'.
Go back on the site and it will show a date in one month from the date you go back on the site.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
But that month is 'rolling'.
Go back on the site and it will show a date in one month from the date you go back on the site.
Well yes, but if you print it out as previously mentioned then obviously that piece of paper is only valid for 1 month.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well yes, but if you print it out as previously mentioned then obviously that piece of paper is only valid for 1 month.
I totally understand what you are saying.
Mrs Emmit had to save her hard earned pennies to buy a Smartphone (oxymoron in the hands of me) just so she could have a QR Code??? from the NHS.
Having said that, the 'hard copy' doesn't have a limit. It's the QR Code on the NHS App that lasts a month but, if you go into the NHS App to show someone, it automatically updates to a date a month hence. (I hope)

Last edited:

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
This from Brittany ferries FAQ,

All passengers must also complete an online Health Control form (FCS form) within 48 hours prior to travel. You will need to show the QR code on your mobile app before boarding in the UK, and on arrival in Spain. You can also download and print the QR code to present at Spanish border control. (my bold)

so I read this as 48 hrs before boarding, yes/no,

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
This from Brittany ferries FAQ,

All passengers must also complete an online Health Control form (FCS form) within 48 hours prior to travel. You will need to show the QR code on your mobile app before boarding in the UK, and on arrival in Spain. You can also download and print the QR code to present at Spanish border control. (my bold)

so I read this as 48 hrs before boarding, yes/no,
yes, it wont let you complete if it calculates the time is more thn 48 hours before the sailing or flight departure time

Aug 18, 2018
Funster No
Perhaps someone can help me out here. I understand that the
There is no way to fill the form in earlier than 48 hours before as the website will not allow you to enter the information. It is not necessary to print anything off, once the information has been completed the website sends you a QR code which must be shown at the immigration or passport desk, this can be shown on your phone. They will also check your Covid vaccination status so you CAN print the PDF version from the NHS Covid pass in advance for that, bearing in mind that the Covid pass QR code print off will only be valid for a month.
Can you give me a clue/a hand here: I am due to go on the Galicia Feb 1st. Wanting to get everything sorted, or at least prepared for well in advance, I started the first part of the registration last week, which involved putting in my email, passport number and if I recall correctly, date of travel. I recieved an email with an acknowledgement that I had requested the creation of a Health Control Form (FCS), the FCS Code assigned for my trip, and two alternative ways to complete the form via two alternative URLs, plus the note that I could start the form anytime but could not complete until the 48hr window opened - presumably at around 9:00 on the 30th Jan.

So far so go so good.
I then thought I'd try to see what information the form required to make sure I had all I needed. And what I get when following the links is an error message which says:-

"User cannot be found or FCS individual form is completed already"

Which may be the default error message if you are an idiot trying to check a form six weeks in advance of when you can complete it.

Is that anyone/everyone else experience?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I totally understand what you are saying.
Mrs Emmit had to save her hard earned pennies to buy a Smartphone (oxymoron in the hands of me) just so she could have a QR Code??? from the NHS.
Having said that, the 'hard copy' doesn't have a limit. It's the QR Code on the NHS App that lasts a month but, if you go into the NHS App to show someone, it automatically updates to a date a month hence. (I hope)
Just save it as a pdf on the phone or email it to yourself .if your here for more than a month log in and get another one.

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019

Do you need a PLF if you are entering Spain from France by road?.

Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back