Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
We're considering going to the states to buy a RV, can anybody give us advice about insurance, road tax, and importing it back to the UK, we were thinking of spending at least 6/12 months touring before bringing it back into the UK, any information would be much appreciated
Thanks
Sue

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sue, what you propose is very doable but not too easy. I would recommend you speak to Steve at Signature Motorhomes, they bring vans in for people all the time. They deal with all the paperwork (of which there is a lot) along with the required electrical conversions and inspections. Here is their webpage outlining their import service (y) . Exciting times...Best of luck (y) https://www.signaturemotorhomes.com/import-export/

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
When I purchased a car in America I used these to bring it back and sort out the paperwork, family firm so easy to get on with.

Don’t think an RV is any problem as I was in the process of imports a boat from America also through them again and the said they imported anything.
Never went through with the boat in the end but they are spot on.

Regarding the V5 and other bits was as easy as that to do and I think it took around 3-4 weeks from the time the car landed until I was on the road.

Good luck.

http://www.goldenchariots.com/

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As already said by Larrynwin, have a look on our sister site click here

You will get a lot more advise there than here, things like the best states to buy and register your RV in.
Some are easy, some not so and paperwork etc can vary greatly from state to state.
Plus people's experience with various shipping agents etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back